Hacking Help with Tinfoil and KOSMOS

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there =)

I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to install NSP using Tinfoil

It always says that it cannot run unless I uninstall KOSMOS, but I'm afraid i'll mess up the console if I remove it.
I have autoRCM enabled and i don't want to brick my switch.

Tinfoil gives me an option to remove kosmos by pressing a button. Is it okay to do that?

I boot atmosphere via android using rekado and fusee-primary.bin

(the reason i'm trying this for the past week is because i get tons of errors using goldleaf and don't know of a beter way to install NSP)

Thank you very much

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Use goldleaf via usb install.
That's my problem. I get a ton of errors using goldleaf. So I was trying something else.

If I install 3 or 4 nsp (even if just 140kb dlc) it starts ilgiving error messages and I need to uninstall the corrupted installations and restart my switch to get back to installing something

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try goldleaf 0.3 if goldleaf 0.5 give you problem, if you want to use tinfoil you need to look for version 1.55, anything higher doesn't work with Kosmos due to dispute between developers.

studywes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Thank you but there patch work with nsp but not for tinfoil and Kosmos. I dont know why, i have a advertissement message when i launch Tinfoil who says than i have to uninstall kosmos to tinfoil work...
i want to bypass this message to use tinfoil!

Thank you for help

ricdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't like Kosmos and I don't think there is a way to make it work. When it happened to me I started using Neutos cfw and that worked perfectly. Neutos has recently stopped updating their cfw as Reinx 3.0 was released and that is what you should use if you want to use tinfoil.

logandzwon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't like Kosmos and I don't think there is a way to make it work. When it happened to me I started using Neutos cfw and that worked perfectly. Neutos has recently stopped updating their cfw as Reinx 3.0 was released and that is what you should use if you want to use tinfoil.

Sadly Reinx does not support emummc and thus not usable by manly people. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1