Help with themes

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by rufuszombot, Feb 7, 2016.

1. rufuszombot
    OP

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find any threads with my specific problem.
    I downgraded my N3DS a while ago, and I chose to format my EMUnand instead of my SYSnand so I could keep my original NNID as clean as possible in case I ever wanted to just update back to normal. Anyway, I don't remember how but I got a custom theme installed on my EMUnand, and when I went to change it to something else it didn't work, and now I don't have a theme. I don't have internet access on my 3DS at the time, and I guess all of the ways I have of installing themes requires me to download a theme from the eshop first. If I had a custom theme at one point, it seems there should be a way to at least install one. I tried CHMM, a cia of a theme, and homemenu hax with Tinker (hoping that since I didn't have internet access it would just install the theme without the hax)
    TL;DR: I had a custom theme, now I don't, how can I install one without internet access or any other themes already installed?

2. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Trixie is not pleased :P

Anyways, you don't need internet access. Besides, you could always clone your EmuNAND to SysNAND in case you'd decide to go "normal" again.
    But as said above you don't need internet access in order to install any theme, simply try to install the theme CIA again when it already worked once. Maybe try another CIA manager (if you use FBI there might be your problem, use another one like "Big Blue Menu", FBI failed me quite a few times).

3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Do any of the basic color stock themes work? Also, not sure if I read correctly, but are you installing menuhax to EmuNAND? Don't do that. That could be the root of the problem.

4. rufuszombot
    OP

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    No, I have no intent of installing menuhax to my emunand, I was just using the installer as a means to get the theme. And yes, I'm using FBI via H&S, I will try a different cia installer and see where that gets me. And yes, the stock color themes do work.
    Trixie is never pleased.