Help with some hombrews installes on my 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gengardenne, Jul 5, 2017.

1. gengardenne
    OP

gengardenne GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    Some weeks ago my sd card wasn't recognized by my O3dsxl,so all unofficial apps don't happened on the screen.
    Until now is fine,but I seen some apps(5 or 4 I don't remember right now)still were on my 3ds home menu.
    I think to have installed them for error into the real sysNAND because when I go on settings can't delete them like the normal ones.
    I think this happened when I changed the version of my Luma and so the settings were blank.
    I'm an A9LH user and stay on a O3ds.
    My goal would be to delete these titles to be safe from some potential error done by that.
    I've always with me a bunch of backup but I want be sure.
    Thank for your help :)

2. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    If I understand correctly, use something like FBI and uninstall them? Also it might be a CFW problem, the newest versions of luma only run on B9S not A9LH plus B9S is just better. Follow this guide to upgrade.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    So you have an emuNAND?
    Are you sure you aren't booting into sysNAND by accident? Check system settings, it will say Sys in the settings if you're on sysNAND, or Emu on emuNAND. If it doesn't show any of them enable the Luma option called "Show current NAND or user string in System Settings"

4. gengardenne
    OP

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    No EmuNAND and sorry for replied so late XD
    And my 3ds don't have the last version of luma because it is not compatible so I think maybe FBI could be a valid soluction.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Finally I've also another question for you guys:
    If the option of "show attual NAND-type is disabled on luma menu my 3ds load the CFW SysNAND anyway?Because I thought that option was only to show you the mode and not to active it

5. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Then what do you mean by the "real sysNAND"?

No, that setting doesn't matter. When you load Luma you are in CFW.

6. gengardenne
    OP

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    Ok so is like I thought.
    For real SysNAND I mean the original sysNAND 3ds had before CFW was installed.I did this difference because luma CFW show you the string SysNAND if you enable the option from the menu but the name remain the same I remember(I'm talking about a stock 3ds so none EmuNAND or similar pre-installed before the CFW injecting)

7. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Well, on A9LH there's no way to get into the original sysNAND and anyway it doesn't matter, they're the same besides some on the fly patching Luma does. Luma doesn't modify anything on sysNAND on its own.

8. gengardenne
    OP

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yes I understood now after some my conjectures :)
    I'll try using FBI later

Also If still not clear like these hombrews was been installed in a different way on my home menu...

Last edited by gengardenne, Jul 25, 2017