Hacking Help with Sky3DS+ (Orange Buttons)

Deccentric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, recently got my Sky3DS+ in the mail. However, I have not gotten it to load roms, I just get a green LED on boot.
Here are the steps I took to set it up:

-Formatted Samsung 64gb Class 10 sdxc to FAT32
-Attempted to update the card, I put the firmware.bin into the root. (However when I plugged the sd card back into the flashcart, instead of turning green then red, it remained solid green for a few seconds then turned off. I assume this means it was already updated?)
-I realized settings.txt was never created
-I continued by trying to put roms on it.
-Plug the sd into the flashcart, which I then put into my 3ds, no rom is loaded.

The roms are from my region as well.

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with my problem. :)

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you tried updating the firmware, did you plug the SKY3DS+ into your computer until the red and green lights stopped flashing, or did you put it straight into the 3DS? If you put it into the MicroSD card via the cable, did you re-plug it into the PC so it would detect it and update it?

I'm pretty sure the cable is just for updating. Judging by the R/W speeds it has, it seems like they expected people to use an additional USB adapter for file transfers.

Deccentric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you tried updating the firmware, did you plug the SKY3DS+ into your computer until the red and green lights stopped flashing, or did you put it straight into the 3DS? If you put it into the MicroSD card via the cable, did you re-plug it into the PC so it would detect it and update it?

I'm pretty sure the cable is just for updating. Judging by the R/W speeds it has, it seems like they expected people to use an additional USB adapter for file transfers.
Thanks for the response, however I actually formatted wrong. My SD was a Logical partition rather than Primary. This fixed the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs