Help with .sav file!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Makmud, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

Help with .sav file! by Makmud at 4:49 PM (892 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Makmud
    OP

Newcomer Makmud Newbie

United States
    I have Animal Crossing for the DS (Not R4/M3 rom). Now I have a R4 and I want to know if I can transfer my data from my Animal Crossing to my R4 so I don't have to switch to my R4 over and over again.

2. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Can't you just copy the .sav file if your M3 game into the R4 folder? The .sav file must have the same name of the R4 Animal Crossing Rom and must be in the same folder... I think it should work :\

3. Makmud
    OP

Newcomer Makmud Newbie

United States
    I know but my animal crossing isn't run through the R$. I bought animal crossing from the store. Now I want all my data from my animal crossing to the R4. Any help?

4. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood then... I know you can extract a rom from a cartridge using a program and an expansion pack for slot 2 but I don't know about putting in a savegame... :\ sorry

5. Makmud
    OP

Newcomer Makmud Newbie

United States
    bump...............

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Yes it's possible, with a piece of software called "Rudolph's Backup Tool".
    You will need either a Wifi connection to your computer, a slot 2 cart or an EZ 3-in-1 to use it.
    Rudolph's site - download links
    Instructions for the 3-in-1 version
    Instructions for Wifi version
    Once it's loaded, press R to cycle through the menu until the options relating to savefiles appear.

After you've got the savefile on your computer, you might need to convert it from RAW format to the R4's save type before putting it on the R4 (Shuny's online savegame converter).