Help with rehacking a post system transfer hacked system?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mbuza, Jul 2, 2017.

1. mbuza
    OP

mbuza Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2010
    United States
    A bit of background, I had 2 3ds systems. 1 I kept legit for store purchases, the other I hacked. My son lost his 3ds and also had problems not losing games, so I hacked the legit 3ds to backup his games and put them up. I system transferred my NNID to my hacked 3ds, but when I tried installing backups of his games, FBI kept freezing/crashing, and he was getting arm11 exception crashes while playing on his physical copies. I thought maybe the system transfer had screwed up something, so I wanted to go through the steps again to hack it.

I did a NAND backup before the system transfer, but I'm out of state visiting my kids and don't have access to it. The system transfer made me upgrade to 11.4, which came with a new 3ds sound that isn't compatible with soundhax. I tried a CTRNAND transfer of 11.2 and downgrading to 11.3 with 3dNUS/sysupdater, but neither option downgrades 3ds sound. Using udsploit/safehax from HBL injected into H&S on that 11.2/11.3 just results in freezing/crashes.

Is there anything else I can try while I'm here, or will I have to fix it at home with a NAND restore (removing NNID and titles to prevent any conflicts)? I've been messing with it off and on over the last week and I fly home tomorrow. I should have asked sooner, but I thought I could figure it out myself.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    *hax won't work with Luma 8.0 or 8.1 (SoundHax is an example of *hax). To use homebrew, hold Select, down, and L while in an app you don't care about (like Download Play). Go to miscellaneous options then inject hb to current app. If you close and reopen that app, the homebrew launcher will start. I wouldn't recommend attempting to uninstall CFW (unless you have a NAND backup from before you started, then you can restore with GodMode9 in unsafe mode) because doing it wrong will brick your console.

3. mbuza
    OP

mbuza Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2010
    United States
    I see. I had HBL injected into H&S when I attempted hax before. I had to use GM9 to inject FBI to H&S (it seems my FBI install was corrupt, so I uninstalled it and used the injected FBI to reinstall). The fresh install of FBI seems to install the backups I made just fine, so that issue is out of the way.

My only concern left is the ARM11 "Prefetch Abort" crash that happened. When I uninstalled FBI via 3ds system settings and tried to go back to the home menu, it happened again. When I installed a backup via FBI and went back to the home screen, it happened again. I'm just not sure what is causing it. I have the dumps that I'll figure out how to interpret after my flight, but I don't know what else to do.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try using the legacy version (linked in the guide), or find a link to @astronautlevel 's branch, as lots of people have been recommending it.

5. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    Link: http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS

Download the most recent build which is marked as "legacy" under the branch.

Quantumcat likes this.