ROM Hack Help with Randomizing Pokemon X.

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if this is wrong thread, I just don't know where to post this and I really need help, which no one seems to want to provide)
So, I've tried countless times to randomize Pokemon X. I followed the instructions from the randomization video The4thGenGamer uploaded (just look up the video) with the changes the new version required (still followed instructions, just written in a file download and not in a video). I followed the instructions perfectly, deleted what the video asked for, and upon launch of my randomized ROM, it ran perfectly. Everything was randomized how I wanted it, and it all worked, until I reached the first trainer (after the Shauna battle & learning how to catch a pokemon). Once I got into that battle, my game crashed. I have tried countless re-randomizations, from using the same dumped cia with different settings, to a whole new dumped cia file. I have tried to make it work, but I have no clue. I have some .dmp files from the crashes, but I have no idea how to read them. Here they are, if you can read them. Anyway, I really need help with getting this to work. Also, I am running luma3ds CFW on 3ds version 11.5 (recently updated). here are the .dmp files.
I put them all into a zip so I could upload them. The newest ones (like 12 and 13) are from my newest attempt to randomize the game. PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• mypokemonxdmpfiles.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 183

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you randomize the starters? If so: don't, unless you know what you're doing.
If not then idk d:

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing was wrong with the starters. the tutorial I watched said it was fine. selecting the starters, battling shauna, and battling wild pokemon all worked. it wasn't the starters.

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried randomizing the game without editing any of the CRO files, still crashed. Definitely not the starters that crashed the game.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INstead of rebuilding the CIA use layeredFS so you can redo it almost instantly if you have issues. Also, I'm willing to rebuild the CIA for you since people seem to have problems with these things for some reason or another. I always seem to get them to work correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1