Hacking HELP with R4i V1.4 Gold Revolution for DS to work in DSi

mamabearharper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I am what I believe you would call a "noob"— actually I have no time to learn any of this, I have six kids under eight including two sets of twins. I am trying to get the R4i V1.4 Revolution for DS (DSi/DSL/NDS) www.R4I-GOLD.COM flash carts to work in my kids' DSI XLs. I have hunted high and low but there is so much stuff out there I am not sure what to use. The cards look like this:
R4iBack2.jpg

R4Front2.jpg

I hope that worked, I tried to insert an image.

Anywho, the DSi XLs will not run anything from the R4 cards. I NEED help. I am getting conflicting information as to whether this flash cart will work in the DSi at all.

HELP! HELP! HELP!
Thanks!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Is the firmware on the DSi XL systems 1.4.1?

if so those carts will never work on that system because unlike other carts, almost every single R4 clone lacks an updatable bootloader.

We suggest buying a card that CAN be updated, such as the Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTWO, EZ-Flash VI, and so on.
http://gbatemp.net/t276151-the-beginner-s-...o-ds-flashcarts

mamabearharper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for replying so quickly. The cards are GOLD R4i V1.4 Revolution for DS (DSi/DSL/NDS) www.R4I-GOLD.COM. They are not V1.4.1. They say DSi on them. If I knew how to attach a photo I would. I will buy new cards if necessary, but obviously I would rather keep my money! Please let me know what you think.

On another note, should I be formatting my micro SD cards? They keep showing up with .sav files that disappear on my mac when I try to select them to delete. Also, how should I be formatting them on the mac (I know not many people use macs)?

Thanks so much!!
Karin, James, Megan, Dakota, Carson, Brandon, Alyssa and Ethan

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
mamabearharper said:
Thanks for replying so quickly. The cards are GOLD R4i V1.4 Revolution for DS (DSi/DSL/NDS) www.R4I-GOLD.COM. They are not V1.4.1. They say DSi on them. If I knew how to attach a photo I would. I will buy new cards if necessary, but obviously I would rather keep my money! Please let me know what you think.

On another note, should I be formatting my micro SD cards? They keep showing up with .sav files that disappear on my mac when I try to select them to delete. Also, how should I be formatting them on the mac (I know not many people use macs)?

Thanks so much!!
If you want a good flashcart and save money get a Acekard2i, there really good... And yes, most of the time .sav's corrupt because the sd's aren't formatted properly... I recomend you use Panasonic SD formatter...

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mamabearharper said:

Thanks so much!!
he never asked about the card version the question you were asked was what is the firmware version of the dsi

mamabearharper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just looked at the DSI XLs, they have skins on them, they are the Mario Anniversary Edition Red. The serial number is WW430698037. The seven at the end has a box around it. Does that have anything to do with the firmware version of the DSi XL?

Thanks again!

mamabearharper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I just found out they are ver. 1.4.1 U, so I guess I am going to have to buy new cards, thanks. I read all your reviews and will probably be getting the Acekard 2i card from Gamespree (unless you can recommend something better). I really appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter! You are all so helpful.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1