Hacking Help with R4i-Kit B9S

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yall just ordered the R4i-Kit B9S kit from modchipsdirect, and i had a question about installing cfw on my new 3ds xl running latest ofw. After reading the instructiins, just want to be sure all i need to do upon receiving said device(r4i) is install b9s to micro sd using a pc(also wonder if an android phone could work?) then insert it into the flashcard or the main 3ds?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey yall just ordered the R4i-Kit B9S kit from modchipsdirect, and i had a question about installing cfw on my new 3ds xl running latest ofw. After reading the instructiins, just want to be sure all i need to do upon receiving said device(r4i) is install b9s to micro sd using a pc(also wonder if an android phone could work?) then insert it into the flashcard or the main 3ds?
All the ntrboot hax files go into the 3ds microSD. The mSD that comes with the kit is a dummy card. It needs to be in the grey card (ntrboot) for it to work. Stick one of your own regular SDHC microSD cards into the white card (DS mode).

Reactions: chuck670

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok so insert the card with b9s into the actual 3ds, and the micro sd card in the ntrboot flashcart is only needed for the kit to function, and shouldnt be tampered with? im curious because on modchipsdirect website the official instructions say that to change step 3, and insert into the flashcart, and not the 3ds.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Oh ok so insert the card with b9s into the actual 3ds, and the micro sd card in the ntrboot flashcart is only needed for the kit to function, and shouldnt be tampered with? im curious because on modchipsdirect website the official instructions say that to change step 3, and insert into the flashcart, and not the 3ds.

I'm guessing they meant for the nds cart to play games on not sure what it runs though.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It doesn't matter what sd you put into the ntrboot card. It can be fat32 or not. It can have files or not.

I have this kit and did a little review on it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mini-review-r4i-kit-b9s-dual-card-ntrboot.491026/
So I know this is how to do it.

1. Put a microSD into the grey card. Put it into the 3ds.
2. Place the following files onto the 3ds SD card.
boot9strap/boot9strap.firm
boot9strap/boot9strap.firm.sha
boot.firm (this is safeB9Sinstaller.firm renamed to boot.firm)
3. Turn the 3ds on and place the magnet around the ABXY buttons such that the 3ds goes to sleep and stays asleep. Turn 3ds off.
4. Without moving the magnet, hold down START, SELECT, and X. THEN press power and continue holding all buttons for 3 seconds.
5. By now you should be in safeB9Sinstaller and just follow its directions.
6. After B9S is intalled, get luma3ds and put the boot.firm on the SD card.
7. Continue with getting all the files set up. The guide is good for that - don't want to be up all night reinventing the wheel :P

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2