Help with Purchasing Decision - GH:WT vs RB2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by alucard77, Dec 31, 2008.

Dec 31, 2008
  1. alucard77
    OP

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey All,

I am thinking of either getting GH:WT or RB2 for the Wii. The problem I am having, is I am not sure which one I should buy. I really only care about the instruments and compatibility between the two.

1- I already have GH with the Les Paul guitar. If I was to use that as a second guitar, would that make any difference in game play wise? Would I be missing any functionality? Or does the bass use on either game only use 5 buttons instead of the slide?

2- Has any one tried using the WT drums on RB2? Is it ackward? What is the draw backs? I have been skewing towards getting WT since the drums are compatible with RB2, but the RB2 drums are not compatible with WT.

3- Any other considerations, game wise that I should think of before purchasing one or the other?

Thanks for the help.

2. netsliderx

Member netsliderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do not particularly care for the Rockband Guitar one bit.. GH3 or GHWT guitar is the best feeling IMO.

The drums for rockband are fine but I say get the ghwt drums because it works with both games where rb only works with rb 1 and 2......

sooooooooo

I say buy GHWT Band Kit and.. ummmm 'obtain' rb2 [​IMG]

3. gumbyscout

Member gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get guitar hero world tour. The guitars and instruments work with every wii music game except the first rock band. You can just buy rock band 2 by itself and not have to buy more instruments.

4. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, just everyone says, get the GHWT Band Kit, and then get Rock Band 2, that's what I did. [​IMG] Enjoying both! [​IMG]

"1- I already have GH with the Les Paul guitar. If I was to use that as a second guitar, would that make any difference in game play wise? Would I be missing any functionality? Or does the bass use on either game only use 5 buttons instead of the slide?"

You would only miss out on the Slide, it's not too much, and during the solos for the slide, you don't have to use the slide, you can press the buttons on time without struming. And bass has 6 different notes, but one is an open note, you won't be missing out too much, only the slider. [​IMG]

"
    2- Has any one tried using the WT drums on RB2? Is it ackward? What is the draw backs? I have been skewing towards getting WT since the drums are compatible with RB2, but the RB2 drums are not compatible with WT."

Well, I'm not too used to it on Rock Band, but the drums are almost the same color order, and the orange cymbal is just another blue. They're okay. [​IMG]

"3- Any other considerations, game wise that I should think of before purchasing one or the other?"

Wii Points and an SD Card for DLC. I guess that would sort of relate game wise. [​IMG]

5. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Get WT pirate Rock Band ? ive heard that people do that

6. OutlawGamer

Newcomer OutlawGamer Member

United States
    so the GHWT instruments work on all games except Rock Band ?
    confrimed ?

7. g00s3y

Newcomer g00s3y Advanced Member

United States
    yes its been confirmed numerous times

8. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    2x GH3 guitars + rock band 2 drums + cymbals is what you want

9. alucard77
    OP

United States
    I just thought of something. At the moment I only have 2 wiimotes.

1- In GH:WT, how many Wiimotes will I need to play all the instruments (2 Guitars, 1 Drum Set, Mic)
    2- Same as #1 with RB2.

I would hate to have to buy yet another wiimote, just to play an instrument.

I also saw on Amazon that you can buy cymbals for Rock Band 2 set, what do those even do? Are they used in Game for anything?

10. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The GH guitars need wiimotes attached to them.
    Same with teh drum kit I believe.

Also:
    CYMBALS
    It's a very simple word. [​IMG]

11. alucard77
    OP

United States
    Thanks, just fixed it [​IMG]

So do the Rock Band 2 Instruments need Wiimotes?

12. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The wii RB drums definetely do not, and I don't think the guitar does either.