Hacking Help with PS2 cue/bin on Rebug CFW

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I currently need help trying to play "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" on my recently hacked PS3 (cue/bin format, game is CD based, CECHA console). It's currently with 4.86.1 REBUG LITE EDITION + REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.04 MULTI, and I've been trying to follow this tutorial, but not all options that appear on the video are present on the version of Rebug Toolbox that I have, not even Webman. Is there something that I need to do to make it work, or do I need to go to Rex Edition, which is on lower firmware? Thanks in advance.

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install webman mod. It's much better. Avoid multiman, never liked it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certain features are absent in rebug lite like dumping the erk. Webman hasn't been a part of rebug toolbox for a long time. Install the full version from a standalone pkg. The app will tell you which button to hold. I think it's L1 but I no longer play the ps3 so I may be wrong. You only have to do that once btw.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I found out that I could just mount the game from Multiman, but I'll try Webman anyway. Thanks for the advice!

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it's Webman Mod not the original Webman. It can mount games on xmb.
All right, so I opened Webman Mod, and OMG, did it cause the fan to spin like crazy on start up! I had to uninstall it to make it stop. I have to look up some info on this to make sure this won't happen again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a bug. I don't know if aldo knows what's causing it. That doesn't happen to me, but it's happened to others.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but too low. Some devs want to modify the syscon table since we have the key. I know there's a table for normal ps3, but the ps2 should be a steady speed. I'm not sure if it's known but both Microsoft and Sony opted for a quieter console rather than a reliable one. 50% is not too high and not too low.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can set temp thresholds for everything but ps2. 68 is wmm default. The cell is capable of higher temps. Ps2 is tricky since the fan will cool at a specific percentage. It won't increase no matter how hot the system gets. Ps3s run hotter in ps2 mode as well so don't set too low.

Reactions: zfreeman

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I looked at the settings, and I saw that the fan speed is set to 40% for PS2. Is that an acceptable speed?

Last edited by MushGuy,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends what it is. 40-50 I think is the suggested speed percentage wise. temp thresholds (what will be maintained in other aspects of gaming or using the ps3) 65-70 is the suggested value in terms of Celsius. 68 is perfect for that. I rarely hear my fans unless playing a ps2 title. if you hold the ps button, you can see ps2 temps while in game. if they're no greater than maybe 72, you've got a good percentage going. try to play an intensive game like ps3 (last of us, which is probably the most intensive game on the system) or one of the gta games on the ps2.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends what it is. 40-50 I think is the suggested speed percentage wise. temp thresholds (what will be maintained in other aspects of gaming or using the ps3) 65-70 is the suggested value in terms of Celsius. 68 is perfect for that. I rarely hear my fans unless playing a ps2 title. if you hold the ps button, you can see ps2 temps while in game. if they're no greater than maybe 72, you've got a good percentage going. try to play an intensive game like ps3 (last of us, which is probably the most intensive game on the system) or one of the gta games on the ps2.
Say, how are you able to see the temperature after pressing the PS button? Is is something I can activate in Rebug Toolbox?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient