Help with printer ; Printing strange things

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by SonicCloud, Dec 15, 2016.

1. SonicCloud
    OP

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    So over the last 2 weeks my printer has been printing stuff like this:
    [​IMG]

Everything happened when 2 papers got stuck on the printer and suddenly when i got them out the printer started printing stuff like this, i had been trying to find everything on the internet and i cannot find anything really useful.
    The only thing i had been able to find is that it may be the ink cartdriges , that may are running out of ink...

Could someone tell me if this has happened to someone here? How did you resolved it?

2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    What have you tried so far? Is there a calibration option on the printer?

3. SonicCloud
    OP

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    No. My printer model is a Canon MG3600 btw.
    And i havent really tried anything...:T

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Seems i founded the issue.
    One internal part of the printer had really bad smudges of ink. It was were the paper comes out of the printer. I cleaned it and now it perfect n///n

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Cleaning a bit of ink off should not have sorted that directly -- most times a pool of ink like that would result in various patterned smudges over the page.

That looks something closer to a printer registration error (printer registration is where the colours in colour/multiple cartridge printing are aligned so they all go where it needs to go on the page, shadows, duplicates and ghosting being the typical errors when it goes wrong), however when you cleaned it you probably knocked something back into line or cleaned a sensor tasked with managing registration. If it works again though then great.

5. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Which part did you clean? I have a duf MG3xxx series printer that behaves in pretty much the same way