MacBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone.

(sorry for the poor english - i tried put the links for the threads but, since im a newbie here, i cannot use hyperlinks)

I'm not an active member of the community, but i follow the gbatemp for a long time. Usually i find what i need searching in the forum, but now im really lost.

i had unlocked my O3DS recently (1 month so far), following the terrific guide 3ds.guide, and everthing goes fine (and yes, im a noob), i
successfully install JKSM and use, homebrews and etc (again, thank to you guys).

But i really don't get how use plugins (like gateshark [if this is a plugin] or the actionreplay), i think is because the CFW, Tools and etc get evolving and the informations i found appears to be outdated (like using NTR Selector for plugins).

Example: On a topic about action replay (date out/2017) has the plugin actionreplay.7z (with the plugin inside) and another file, the "custom boot.firm" thread: ctrpluginframework 487729

But i don't know if i had to overwrite my actual boot.firm (since i get this a month a go), or the folders structure is the same... im really lost.

I tried the gateshark too, from here: Luma3DS - wiki - Cheats-(Upcoming-Feature) (i know that say UPCOMING FEATURE, but last update is from jan/05 so... i tried), creating the folder structure that is on the instructions, i get a cheats codes for mario paper jam for test and rosalina don't ever show that CHEATS menu that is on the instructions...

So, if somebody had some spare time to explain to me how im use cheats (and plug ins in general), on a O3DS modded only with has on (recent) 3ds.guide, i appreciate it a lot.

My FW is 11.6.0 39U / Godmode9 1.6.3 / LUMA3DS 9.0

if later the information about what is not in use any more could be update on this thread: 3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here will be cool to!

thanks to you in advanced, and again, sorry for the poor english.

And moderator, if this Forum is not the correct one for my post, please fell free to move it)

Last edited by MacBlaster,

Zoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think that you are talking about this plugin when you talk about " actionreplay.7z ".

At this moment there are many ways to cheat in our Nintendo 3DS, choose the one that you like more:
You can find NTR cheat plugins here: http://www.speedfly.cn/category/game/nintendo/3ds_cheat/
Also there is a cool Data Base with a lot of codes: https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES/tree/master/Cheats

1. NTR
This is the oldest way, I still use it sometimes. You only have to follow the instructions in the thread to install it.
If you want to load cheat plugins, you have to create in the root of your SD card a folder named "plugin".
Inside that folder, you have to create a folder with the ID of the game that you want to cheat (you can find most titleIDs here). Then, you have to move the file ".plg" inside that folder.

To load the plugin, just start NTR, go to the game, and then press X+Y (default keys) and choose the codes that you want. Also, many codes works by pressing "SELECT" instead of X+Y.

2. CTRPluginFramework
I love this plugin, you can find in his thread how to install and use it. You need to replace the "boot.firm" (Luma) for the one provided in his thread because it is an updated luma version that supports cheats. With this Luma version, using NTR just for cheating will be useless.

3. Sharkive
I don't know so much about this, so I can't help you. I have heard good things about this tool. You can find more info in their Discord.

4. Luma Nightly Version
You can use cheat plugins or .txt files with codes here (it is explained in CTRPluginFramework thread).

If you want to use .txt files. You must create a folder in the root of your SD named "cheats".
Then, you will place your codes for the game. The .txt file must be named with the TitleID.

If you want to use .plg files. You have to create a folder named "plugins" inside the luma folder. You must create inside that folder, a folder with the titleID of the game you want to cheat. The plugin must be named "plugin.plg" in order to work.

To load the cheats, you just have to start the game, and by defautl press: L+Dpad Down+SELECT to go to rosalina and use the cheat menu.

My apologies for my crappy English, I hope that everything is understandable and useful for you. Have a nice day!

Last edited by Zoma,

MacBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that you are talking about when you talk about " actionreplay.7z ".

At this moment there are many ways to cheat in our Nintendo 3DS, choose the one that you like more:
You can find NTR cheat plugins here:
Also there is a cool Data Base with a lot of codes:

2. CTRPluginFramework
I love this plugin, you can find in his thread how to install and use it. You need to replace the "boot.firm" (Luma) for the one provided in his thread because it is an updated luma version that supports cheats. With this Luma version, using NTR just for cheating will be useless.

4. Luma Nightly Version
You can use cheat plugins or .txt files with codes here (it is explained in CTRPluginFramework thread).

If you want to use .txt files. You must create a folder in the root of your SD named "cheats".
Then, you will place your codes for the game. The .txt file must be named with the TitleID.

If you want to use .plg files. You have to create a folder named "plugins" inside the luma folder. You must create inside that folder, a folder with the titleID of the game you want to cheat. The plugin must be named "plugin.plg" in order to work.

To load the cheats, you just have to start the game, and by defautl press: L+Dpad Down+SELECT to go to rosalina and use the cheat menu.

My apologies for my crappy English, I hope that everything is understandable and useful for you. Have a nice day!

Thanks a Lot, i tried the CTR Plugin and worked. The replacement of the boot.firm is what i dont get when i tried to do alone. Since somebody said that is the right thing to do... I do It XD.

I round this nighty version yesterday too, but i dont haverá tried yet. I think that is the Dame, right? Change the boot.firm and you are good to go. One thing that i dont get os that has 2 versions of this nighty edition, one from (i hope i remember right) astronaut and another from pirate12. By what i had read, i must use the version from pirate12, right?

Thx for your time and yes, your english is Very good (for me at last :) )

Reactions: Zoma

Zoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks a Lot, i tried the CTR Plugin and worked. The replacement of the boot.firm is what i dont get when i tried to do alone. Since somebody said that is the right thing to do... I do It XD.

I round this nighty version yesterday too, but i dont haverá tried yet. I think that is the Dame, right? Change the boot.firm and you are good to go. One thing that i dont get os that has 2 versions of this nighty edition, one from (i hope i remember right) astronaut and another from pirate12. By what i had read, i must use the version from pirate12, right?

Thx for your time and yes, your english is Very good (for me at last :) )

Yeah, it's the same. I'm using the pirate12 versions because they are automated, I don't know if Astronautlevel2 keeps updating his versions. But it should be the same.
Just take care, they are nightly versions not official ones, so maybe you can mess up things by using them.

Have fun cheating!

Reactions: MacBlaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o