Help WIth Plailect Guide

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CH1CK3NMAN, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CH1CK3NMAN
    OP

CH1CK3NMAN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    United States
    I was following his guide but I don't exactly know what this means. "Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK." Can anyone explain?

2. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Have you had RedNAND (or EmuNAND) previously? If not: You have nothing to worry about.
    If you've had either, have you done something special? Like changing your console's region (from US to EUR or JP) for example? If not: You have nothing to worry about.

Now IF you've done something, you'll have to get RedNAND (or EmuNAND) again from the current SysNAND, and do whatever the guide say.

I'm sure someone else might give more details, but that would be a quick answer. (Unless I've been misinformed.)

3. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    If you do not know what it is then don't worry. But if you region changed your emunand or Rednand you gotta make a new one that's not region changed

4. CH1CK3NMAN
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    United States
    Ok, thanks

5. CH1CK3NMAN
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    United States
  6. CH1CK3NMAN
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    United States
    One more thing I forgot to mention. "The Old 3DS and 2DS are extremely similar devices internally. The only major difference that matters for this guide is that, although you are never instructed to do this, you must never perform a system format on a 2DS while it is below firmware version 6.0.0, or you will be unable to complete the initial setup and will be stuck." My 2DS was on 6.0.0 and I have formatted it before, does that mean I won't be able to complete the process?

7. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
  8. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    No, The first firmware released for 2ds was 6.0.0 - I believe. The issue is with versions below that as they weren't designed for use with something without 3d; i.e. those firmwares make no concessions for the 2ds.

9. CH1CK3NMAN
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    United States
    Ok I'll go ask in plailects thread