Hacking Help WIth Plailect Guide

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following his guide but I don't exactly know what this means. "Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK." Can anyone explain?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you had RedNAND (or EmuNAND) previously? If not: You have nothing to worry about.
If you've had either, have you done something special? Like changing your console's region (from US to EUR or JP) for example? If not: You have nothing to worry about.

Now IF you've done something, you'll have to get RedNAND (or EmuNAND) again from the current SysNAND, and do whatever the guide say.

I'm sure someone else might give more details, but that would be a quick answer. (Unless I've been misinformed.)

D

Deleted-379826

I was following his guide but I don't exactly know what this means. "Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK." Can anyone explain?
If you do not know what it is then don't worry. But if you region changed your emunand or Rednand you gotta make a new one that's not region changed

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you had RedNAND (or EmuNAND) previously? If not: You have nothing to worry about.
If you've had either, have you done something special? Like changing your console's region (from US to EUR or JP) for example? If not: You have nothing to worry about.

Now IF you've done something, you'll have to get RedNAND (or EmuNAND) again from the current SysNAND, and do whatever the guide say.

I'm sure someone else might give more details, but that would be a quick answer. (Unless I've been misinformed.)
Ok, thanks

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing I forgot to mention. "The Old 3DS and 2DS are extremely similar devices internally. The only major difference that matters for this guide is that, although you are never instructed to do this, you must never perform a system format on a 2DS while it is below firmware version 6.0.0, or you will be unable to complete the initial setup and will be stuck." My 2DS was on 6.0.0 and I have formatted it before, does that mean I won't be able to complete the process?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
One more thing I forgot to mention. "The Old 3DS and 2DS are extremely similar devices internally. The only major difference that matters for this guide is that, although you are never instructed to do this, you must never perform a system format on a 2DS while it is below firmware version 6.0.0, or you will be unable to complete the initial setup and will be stuck." My 2DS was on 6.0.0 and I have formatted it before, does that mean I won't be able to complete the process?
No, The first firmware released for 2ds was 6.0.0 - I believe. The issue is with versions below that as they weren't designed for use with something without 3d; i.e. those firmwares make no concessions for the 2ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol no Gigabytes per song