Hacking Help With Organizing Roms Alphabetically

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that if i went into my NDS folder and just organized the roms by name, when I would got to play a game the list would be alphabetical, but it doesn't seem to change the game order on the game list.

Is there any way to reorganize the rom list on the m3 or no? Does the m3 save the order onto a settings file or something?

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using the default M3 software, you need to take everything off the card, then sort it while on your computer, and put it back on and it will be in the order you sorted it on your computer, but when you add new files directly to the M3 they go to the end of the list.

If you start using Sakura, it sorts them automatically in the game list.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have done is this. Made a folder in the NDS folder called anything moved all the games in there right click in the background of that folder with the roms arrange icons by name. Then select all of them right click and cut and paste back to your NDS folder then they should all be in alphabetical order. Also you might not be pressing the arrange by name button on your DS card well enough sometimes I press it and it doesn't move then I press it again like more in the middle and it arranges them by name.

Also that program drivesort I heard works which someone mentioned I never used that since I never need to arrange them for me usually only do it for someone elses card.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
wingzrow said:
I thought that if i went into my NDS folder and just organized the roms by name, when I would got to play a game the list would be alphabetical, but it doesn't seem to change the game order on the game list.

Is there any way to reorganize the rom list on the m3 or no? Does the m3 save the order onto a settings file or something?
above the games list, do you see "Name"?, touch the Name to list the game in order by filename, although it doesn't save the settings....

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eureca said:
What I have done is this. Made a folder in the NDS folder called anything moved all the games in there right click in the background of that folder with the roms arrange icons by name. Then select all of them right click and cut and paste back to your NDS folder then they should all be in alphabetical order. Also you might not be pressing the arrange by name button on your DS card well enough sometimes I press it and it doesn't move then I press it again like more in the middle and it arranges them by name.

Also that program drivesort I heard works which someone mentioned I never used that since I never need to arrange them for me usually only do it for someone elses card.

This worked perfect, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...