Help with nintendont saves

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Lost My Mind, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Lost My Mind
    OP

Lost My Mind Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    I have real memory cards. I'd like to use them. However, when I put them into the wii and load nintendont and start animal crossing, the game tells me that the memory card is corrupt. This made me freak out, because I thought it was true. I tried turning the game on via disk, without nintendont, and everything works fine. Memory card not corrupt. I then tried backing up with GCMM and using emulated memory cards, but everytime I try that, it tells me that the memory card needs to be formatted. Then I tried this:

Extracting a savegame from a real memory card to use with Nintendont
    You can use GCMM to extract the content of your real memory card.
    You can extract it as full Raw dump, or game by game in .gci format.

• Method1
    Rename the full memory card dump create by GCMM as .raw and put it in your /saves/ folder.
    If using this raw dump doesn't work, follow method2.

• Method2
    For this method, you need an existing memory card image created by Nintendont. Launch the game you want to play at least one time with "Memory Card Emulation" option enabled.Then use Dolphin emulator's Memory card manager to move the savegame you want from your GCMM raw dump or from a .gci file into the Nintendont memory card.

I have a feeling that method 1 didn't work because it says to rename the file dump. It doesn't say HOW to rename it, as in the special formatting that it needs. This program is very picky about those things, and this is literally the only information I'm finding on the subject.

Method 2 didn't work because when I tried importing the save over to that memory card, the whole program crashes. Everytime.

I just want to get my existing save files working with nintendont. Preferably by having it just read my already existing memory cards, but I'll backup/emulate if I have to. The only thing I'm unwilling to do is erase from my actual memory card. I'll backup, but I won't erase my only known working copy.

I don't know what I'm doing. Does anyone have expiriance with this?

2. JanosValentine

JanosValentine Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    United States
    I'm not sure how to set categorical settings but you can set it individually per game by clicking the game then clicking the gear icon that comes up in the bottom right (you may have to click the banner to minimize it if you have the banner display up).
    Then on page three there's an option called NMM, toggle it to the desired setting.
    No need to bother with ini editing or moving stuff around.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    how about using devolution? you own the real game...

4. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    What nintendont version did you use? It should work fine with real memory cards since a good while now.