Help with Neogeo emu [MVSPSP]

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by LTK, Jan 10, 2009.

Jan 10, 2009

Help with Neogeo emu [MVSPSP] by LTK at 4:30 AM (1,771 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. LTK
    OP

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So i downloaded MVS and put it onto my PSP game folder. (I'm running 5.00 CFW) it didn't work, so i added the 1.50 kernel add on.

But now whenever I run the emu it just says "game could not start be started (80020148)"

I've got the neogeo bios and put it in the ROMS Folder inside MVS, and i've also cached the ROM (KoF) and put that in the ROMS folder.

So i'm pretty stuck on what to do. ):

2. scooochie4

Newcomer scooochie4 Advanced Member

Ireland
    Sounds like you have it in the wrong folder. What kernel is your game folder set to in the recovery menu? 1.5 or 5.0? Also, what version of the emu do you have, 1.5 kernel version or newer kernel version?

If you have the 1.5 kernel version of the emu, then make sure the game folder is set to 1.5 kernel and put the emu in PSP/GAME

If you have the newer kernel version of the emu either put it in PSP/GAME500 or set the game folder to 5.0 and put the emu in PSP/GAME

You just have to find the right combination!!

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    try putting it in the gameXX folder or the game150 folder [​IMG]

4. LTK
    OP

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok i managed to get it working by putting in the GAME150 folder, but now the games aren't working. It recognizes the game folders, but when i open them nothing shows up.

5. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    did you make the cache files with the romconv utility? that is necessary for quite a few of the neo geo games.