Gaming Help with my R4

ThatOneDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put the R4 into my MicroSD USB, and put that into my computer but nothing happens. My computer just does nothing, I tried looking for it on "My Computer" but whenever I click "Removable Disk (whatever slot I put it into)" it says that theres nothing there. It was working a few months ago and the card still works fine on my DS so I'm not quite sure what happened here.

I apologize in advance if there's an obvious answer that I'm not seeing.

ThatOneDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch. So, I take it, there are no fixes I can do? Very discouraging to say the least.....

Well, if it's okay, could someone direct me to a place where I could buy another?

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go to a local electronics store and get one there
or if you want the cheapest possible one got to dealextreme... They have free shipping

but i warn you... Some crap they have sucks

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ThatOneDude said:
So I put the R4 into my MicroSD USB, and put that into my computer but nothing happens. My computer just does nothing, I tried looking for it on "My Computer" but whenever I click "Removable Disk (whatever slot I put it into)" it says that theres nothing there. It was working a few months ago and the card still works fine on my DS so I'm not quite sure what happened here.

I apologize in advance if there's an obvious answer that I'm not seeing.
It's happened to me before. Sometimes i'd put the SD card in the slot but it doesn't get found, but when I take it out and put it back in it's found...

But that problem also happened to me RIGHT BEFORE the SD card needed to be formatted.

ThatOneDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L_o_N_e_R said:
Go to a local electronics store and get one there
or if you want the cheapest possible one got to dealextreme... They have free shipping

but i warn you... Some crap they have sucks

Whew, thanks for the warning, I was just browsing their site.

ShinRyouma said:
Why don't you buy it at your local computer shop? Card reader is easy to get, it's a cheap & small hardware.

I had no idea this was sold at local shops. I borrowed my friends card reader and R4 and I assumed it only came with R4's, so thank you for that bit of information. Do you recommend any specific readers, ones that don't break down like mine (and apparently a few other people)?

QUOTE(Inunah @ Dec 14 2009, 06:11 PM)
It's happened to me before. Sometimes i'd put the SD card in the slot but it doesn't get found, but when I take it out and put it back in it's found...

But that problem also happened to me RIGHT BEFORE the SD card needed to be formatted.

Unfortunately, that's not working for me. I've plugged it in and out so many times without any hint on my computer that its found. Only thing that gives any sign is the little red light on the USB card reader.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can't recommend any brands, sometimes cheap one break down easily (mostly), sometimes it lasts long (rarely). Why don't you ask your friends about good card reader, or ask the shopkeeper to compare some brands. In my country some cellphone shops sell card reader (most cellphones use microsd).

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon is pretty good.

Personally I would get a Kingston one, then again that's because I love Kingston cards and get one automatically with the cards.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ThatOneDude said:
Unfortunately, that's not working for me. I've plugged it in and out so many times without any hint on my computer that its found. Only thing that gives any sign is the little red light on the USB card reader.

This means that it's imminent that your R4 will stop acknowleging the SD Card's existance.
For reals, it means you have to format your SD Card. 100%. It did the exact thing to me. If you right click and click format/reformat/whatever the hell means format it'll format it for you.

You'll lose your data but at least you get to put stuff on/take stuff off of your SD card afterwards.

Just for reference on my part, what region is your Micro SD Card?

ThatOneDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I apologize for that, if a mod could move this thread to the correct section that would be much appreciated.

Inunah said:
This means that it's imminent that your R4 will stop acknowleging the SD Card's existance.
For reals, it means you have to format your SD Card. 100%. It did the exact thing to me. If you right click and click format/reformat/whatever the hell means format it'll format it for you.

You'll lose your data but at least you get to put stuff on/take stuff off of your SD card afterwards.

Just for reference on my part, what region is your Micro SD Card?

So it's not the card reader at fault here? And if I had to guess, I'd say my friend got the card in Hong Kong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-