Hacking Help with my NNID

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I used my 3DS to system transfer my CFW to a friends system. I then restored my sysNAND. I formatted his system so my NNID and Friend Code wouldn't be on his system. Today all my legally downloaded items vanished and I cannot log into my NNID because I am told its being used on a different system. So question is, how can I get my NNID back onto my 3DS. Nintendo won't help. Am I screwed?

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean Nintendo won't help?
Usually for this you just call Nintendo customer service, tell them you lost your 3DS (which is actually your friend's 3DS) and tell them you want your NNID transferred to the other 3DS

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean Nintendo won't help?
Usually for this you just call Nintendo customer service, tell them you lost your 3DS (which is actually your friend's 3DS) and tell them you want your NNID transferred to the other 3DS

I was on the phone for an hour and they won't release a transfer because of a game that is on my account, the Faceez game. Its the game I used to transfer the CFW because they were on 11.5.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was on the phone for an hour and they won't release a transfer because of a game that is on my account, the Faceez game. Its the game I used to transfer the CFW because they were on 11.5.
You are going to need to likely get ahold of your friend and their console, and log back into your NNID as its linked to their console on nintendos servers and do a system transfer back to yours to get it moved back. Just a system format isnt going to bring your NNID back to your console without issues without the transfer.

Reactions: Quantumcat

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are going to need to likely get ahold of your friend and their console, and log back into your NNID as its linked to their console on nintendos servers and do a system transfer back to yours to get it moved back. Just a system format isnt going to bring your NNID back to your console without issues without the transfer.

Could I just log into my NNID on their console and the unlink it myself? Then sign into it on my 3DS?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could I just log into my NNID on their console and the unlink it myself? Then sign into it on my 3DS?
Unlinking the system in this case unfortunately is with a transfer. Just logging in and out would still have the console linked on nintys server and wont remove it as you are wanting. In this case, yes it is a kind of a pain, but its whats needed.

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by mrjc1238,

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlinking the system in this case unfortunately is with a transfer. Just logging in and out would still have the console linked on nintys server and wont remove it as you are wanting. In this case, yes it is a kind of a pain, but its whats needed.

Even though I already formatted his system I need to transfer again to be able to log in? I did read that correct right?

Could I then restore out systems with backed up sysNANDs?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though I already formatted his system I need to transfer again to be able to log in? I did read that correct right?

Could I then restore out systems with backed up sysNANDs?
It would only log you out on a console level. A transfer is going to log you out fully of the console and of nintys servers. If its done as it is, you have and will see that when you connect to say, the eshop, it will give a error that the NNID is on a wrong system and that games and dlc you have bought before will likely be lost as it tries to correct itself as that NNID shouldnt be on that console when it commutes with the servers.

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would only log you out on a console level. A transfer is going to log you out fully of the console and of nintys servers. If its done as it is, you have and will see that when you connect to say, the eshop, it will give a error that the NNID is on a wrong system and that games and dlc you have bought before will likely be lost as it tries to correct itself as that NNID shouldnt be on that console when it commutes with the servers.

I sent a PM

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to move an NNID between consoles is a system transfer or by contacting Nintendo. Transferring moves all NNIDs from the source system to the target system.

There's no way around this.

frannerick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is both my consoles, so i dont mind about the nnid.. i can just make a new one if necessary.. my concern now is how to restore the source console....

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
it is both my consoles, so i dont mind about the nnid.. i can just make a new one if necessary.. my concern now is how to restore the source console....
-_- are you even following the guide?
Section IV - Restoring the source 3DS
  1. On the source 3DS, complete initial setup
  2. Do one of the following
    • Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week (do not restore your NAND backup before system transferring), then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS or New 2DS to an Old 3DS or Old 2DS)
    • Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
    • You can also just remove the NNID from the source 3DS if you’d prefer it remain on the target 3DS
  3. Reboot the source 3DS while holding (Start) to launch GodMode9
  4. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> gm9 -> out
  5. Press (A) on <serialnumber>_nandmin_###.binto select it, then select “NAND image options…”, then select “Restore SysNAND (safe)”
  6. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND overwriting, then input the key combo given
    • This will not overwrite your boot9strap installation
  7. Input the key combo given to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing
    • This process will take some time
  8. Once it has completed, press (A) to continue
  9. Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted
  10. Press (Start) to reboot the source 3DS

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters