Help with my 4.2E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oMen86, Jun 25, 2010.

1. oMen86
    OP

oMen86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2010
    Australia
    Hello, It is my first time posting here so I may not have thoroughly searched because i don't know all the locations but I couldn't seem to find any articles on firmware 4.2E. Please be polite in the response if i do anything wrong.
    I once had my wii softmodded using the Mike and Heth guide on my 4.2 wii and i went to update one channel or so I thought was a channel update and the softmod's stopped working because the Wii went from 4.2 to 4.2E.
    I did this a while ago and have only recently found time to pursue a fix.
    The reason why this matters is because it saves me from having to cart all my discs around to a friends place, I only backup the games I own for more efficient loading and to prevent damage to the discs.
    I you need any information on things such as which Disc Loader im using or what programs i used to soft mod I will try my best to answer, although i cante remember specifically what their guide showed, It was mostly a link i followed from lifehacker.

-oMen

2. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    Follow this guide to mod your wii.
    Install Darkcorp after to play backups from disc channel.
    Priiloader to block disc updates.

3. oMen86
    OP

oMen86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks for the reply but there are a few of quick questions.
    Works all well, got the backups and other programs now...
    Pitty there isn't images on WiiTDB which show cover art of a game with a big red line through it if it isnt conpatible.... Even though it only seems like 3% done USB load.

Thanks for the help. I hope this can help some other person in the future.