Gaming Help with Loading an Undubed Iso to a PSP

stonedzombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, hopefully you can help me out. Okay, so I recently purchased FF Dissidia (US) for PSP but just couldn't get over the awful english dub. So, thanks to this great site, I was able to find an undub patch that implements the Japanese voices into the US version. Even though there are great instructions on how to turn the actual US Iso file into the patched file, I have absolutely NO idea how to take that patched Iso and load it on to the PSP. Do I need a modded PSP? Is there some special hardware/software? Basically, how do I load that Iso into my computer and then how do I reload the updated version back into my PSP?

Thanks!!!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
You need Custom Firmware (CFW), you can't load ISO's with a PSP using official firmware. Check the stickies here on how to put CFW on your PSP. After your PSP has CFW put your ISO's into the ISO folder.

stonedzombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
You need Custom Firmware (CFW), you can't load ISO's with a PSP using official firmware. Check the stickies here on how to put CFW on your PSP. After your PSP has CFW put your ISO's into the ISO folder.

Okay great, so I just need custom firmware and thats it? Don't need to go out and buy anything special, like a flash cart, right?

stonedzombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I see now that I need a magic memory stick and pandora's battery. I'm wondering, will I be able to save all my in-game data to the same memory stick? Or, do I need to switch it out to save data?

Also, once I've put my isos into the folder, where do I access them on my psp? Meaning, how do I launch games on my psp with the isos on my magic memory stick...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
stonedzombie said:
Alright I see now that I need a magic memory stick and pandora's battery. I'm wondering, will I be able to save all my in-game data to the same memory stick? Or, do I need to switch it out to save data?

Also, once I've put my isos into the folder, where do I access them on my psp? Meaning, how do I launch games on my psp with the isos on my magic memory stick...
Yes you can save your data to the same memory stick.
Once you've got your games in the folder turn on your PSP, then go to the games section and click on the memory stick icon.

stonedzombie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
stonedzombie said:

Once you've got your games in the folder turn on your PSP, then go to the games section and click on the memory stick icon.

Appreciate the response. Sorry, just one more question. Once I have the custom firmware installed, do I need to use the pandora battery when playing iso's from the stick, or can I use the regular battery. Also, if the pandora battery is just to be used for installing the firmware, is there any use for it after the firmware is installed? Thanks

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
stonedzombie said:
Raika said:
stonedzombie said:

Appreciate the response. Sorry, just one more question. Once I have the custom firmware installed, do I need to use the pandora battery when playing iso's from the stick, or can I use the regular battery. Also, if the pandora battery is just to be used for installing the firmware, is there any use for it after the firmware is installed? Thanks
After the CFW is installed you don't have to stick to the pandora battery, but you should still keep the pandora battery, cos if you upgrade to OFW you can use pandora to convert back to CFW. I think it's also useful when you brick your PSP or something, I'm not too sure.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i recommend this pandora battery. super cheap, and you dont have to hack up your good battery.

as for savegames and such, i have a 256mb stick that i use when im playing my umd's so i dont lose them.

OH... i dont think you ever mentioned what kind of psp you have we need to know so we can make sure it is in fact hackable with mms/pandora. (late psp2000's, psp3000's, and psp GO! cannot be hacked with an mms/pandora)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY