Help with HANS and Romhack

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by PR3D4TOR, Dec 11, 2016.

1. PR3D4TOR
    OP

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    Hello,

I want to play this rom hack and i have no clue on how to do it, although there are instructions. They just do not seem to work for me. So i am asking here if i am doing something wrong:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pokemon-rising-sun-and-waning-moon.451600/

First Method:

-> I have Luma3ds, downloaded the "Latest nightly build of Luma" from this link above, replaced my arm9thing.bin with the new one. Then i created all the folders on my SD card, placed the "a" folder on the right place on the SD card, enabled "Custom Game Path" or something like that in Luma Menu and when i try to load my installed .cia version of the game (Pokemon Moon) it just does not load, it gets stuck on the Nintendo 3ds logo loading screen (does not crash, just does not go any further!)

So there is that.
    Up to the second instructions:

I have extracted my decrypted .3ds, patched the code.bin and renamed it to "00175e00.code", moved it to my SD:/Hans folder, created a folder on my sd card like instructed (SaltySD/.....) and placed both the "a" and "Data" folders in there. Then i put my SD card back in my 3ds and i started homebrew, clicked on "HANS" and there was "Pokemon Moon" but i could not select a "custom code path"
    If i load it, then the screen stays yellow and nothing happen =/

Can anyone help me?

THanks

2. PR3D4TOR
    OP

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    I had to update my 3ds firmware from 9.2 to the latest. It works now :)

3. X Virus

X Virus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Malaysia
    @PR3D4TOR , is it possible we get your cia in " that iso site"? :D

4. LightShell

LightShell GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2016
    fat1:/lightshell
    "that iso site" is hacked...