Help with getting restore to 3.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tylervit2418, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Tylervit2418
    OP

Tylervit2418 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Ohio
    First off, I have a 3.2u Wii with everything on it, so I think I know most of the basics, so you don't have to go into too much detail to make me understand everything.

Well I have a friend who had a 3.3u wii (I don't know which version of 3.3u), and I downloaded the Homebrew Channel via the Twilight Hack that supports 3.3.

I successfully installed some .wads and a CIOS and the original backup launcher, however, I had no backups to play.

When I finally obtained the backups, Wiigators .3 Gamma was out, so I tried installing the newest CIOS and run the backup loader, only to receive an error installing the CIOS.

Now after not knowing what to do, I was told that I can update to 3.4u and downgrade down to 3.2u.

I used http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

Everything went well until I did the IOS downgrader, and I got error 1017. When I tried again I think it successfully installed, as it rebooted the system. From here I did the IOS installation, which gave me an error at the end, but since that is the shop I figured I could hold off on that (hopefully not causing a problem)

I then tried the CIOS downgrader to go to 3.2u and got:

Downloading MIOS v5 downloading ticket...error! (ret = -1)

Firmware Installation FAILED

and from there everything failed. It said it deleted previous IOS or something of the kind but I am not positive.

Can anyone help? I'm totally lost and any help would definitely be appreciated..

2. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    I think you should give IOS Downgrader a few more retries.

Never continue to the next step unless it doesn't show an error.

And, do you have a working internet connection?

3. Tylervit2418
    OP

Tylervit2418 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Ohio
    Okay I will, I think the IOS downgrader worked, but I'll run it again. As I said, its my friends though, so I won't be able to do anything until later tonight. Thanks

Edit: Where it said that IOS were cleaned or something like that, did it do anything that could be bad?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice