Hacking help with gbc saving

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i posted this on the emulation board but noones helped yet so i thought i'd post it here

"hi all, i've been trying to save my GBC games as i'm trying to play Link's Awakening again so i done some research and from what i understood, i take the save from the SCL patcher(supercard lite)rename it to the same name as the rom i'm playing and then save through the emu menu (L+R)and voila. that didn't work. so i thought instead i'd get a different emulator, so i downloaded the DS_GBC whatever its called and put the rom through the .bat file and it turned it to both an nds. file and a .gba file. both of these didn't work. can someone plz tell me how i can play AND save GBC games on to my SCL, i don't wanna play Link's Awakening on the PC again"

plz help me!

sumpm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about gbx or gbc games, but with nes games you just have to copy NesFileName.sav from the Supercard app directory to your drive and rename it EXACTLY the same as the rom. There is no need to patch emulated roms to he SC. Enjoy.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
that's excatly what i did but it's still not working. unless i have to use the actual games save method (in which case i have no clue how to in Link's Awakening)and not the built in emulators save state thingie? do you happen to know if thats the case?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes and it doesn't work, i saved normally then turned it off and used the saver option (like you would a GBA game)and it still did nothing. i think i'ma just give up and play on a PC emulator again.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can somebody please answer how you save, i'm sorry if its an old question thats been answered 1 million times and you guys are tired of answering but i really have looked everywhere i know of and found nothing.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
for built in emylators on SC use the following three step save (i have posted this twice before now in this very forum .. but heh, maybe someone will even say thanks this time
wink.gif
)

1) save in game (as a normal cart)
2) hold (L+R) to get to emulator menu , activate the save option even if it doesn't seem to do anything
3) return to game by pressing 'b' don't use the exit option, now save using the saver combo (L+R+SELECT+A) .. obviously there needs to be a save file of the same name as the rom.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
k just tried it now, and doing the saver combo doesn't even do anything. i have a save file in the same directory as the rom and its named the same as the rom. should i just give up.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the sav file i rename, is it the NesFileName.sav in the supercard folder or the save.sav? cause thats the one i used, maybe thats causing the problem???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: