Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okay, I have a PAL Wii. I have been using everything fine before with GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2. I was using that lanucher because it allowed me to click on disc channel and when I put GameCube game in Wii, after clicking on channel, there is a main menu which let's me change video mode and that fixed black screen in some NTSC games. However, ever since I installed Priiloader and selected option there on Region Free everything and other stuff (basically, I enabeled everything that had word Region Free in it) GameCube Backup launcher was getting frozen on the menu after running from disc channel. I also checked PimpMyWii and it seems that after installing MIOS patcher that installs Backup Lanucher, my MIOS was outdated to version 8 instead of 10. I fixed errors with PimpMyWii, but that removed Backup Launcher. Priiloader had everything enabled. But when I tried NTSC Sonic Heroes, it did not work and it gave me black screen because of video mode. I tried messing with MIOS Patcher but Backup Launcher ends up freezing every time. What I want to do next, is open MIOS Patcher and select every possible combination each time and uninstall it so I make sure nothing is left installed. then I will fix everything with PimpMyWii. But what should I do so when I put GameCube disc in disc channel I can get to choose Video Mode? I was searching Priiloader and I did not found video mode hack there sadly.

Also, what should I do if NTSC and NTSC-J games give Black Screen because Priiloader only kills Region Lock and does not change video mode? I would like to be able to launch game from disc channel and then get to choose video mode for both GameCube and Wii Games (and language too since some games tend to hang if there is no Japanese)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you even have PAL games? If not, why not change the region of your Wii to US or J? That would fix most of your issues. There are some dangers involved, but it's not impossible, so there would be quite some reading required. The 1st danger would be that installing another system menu overwrites your priiloader for example.

Do you have have BootMii installed as boot2? (needs one of the oldest Wiis)

All different MIOS and patched MIOS overwrite each other. So there's no need to uninstall any of those, just install the one you want to have. You might want to try with MIOSv4 as base, as the later version mostly added restrictions, like no action replay support. One of those restrictions might cause your problems.

Oh and you could also try to find a autoboot NeoGamma channel with a nice logo and move it to the place of the disc channel. With the right settings and the right patched MIOS(cMIOS), it should do everything the old gamecube backup launcher did, but you wouldn't need to go into a menu.

And you might want to enable the region free patches one by one, until the wii stops to refuse to boot your games. Some other patches are likely to do something bad, and might be the cause of your problem.

PS: For some japanese gamecube games, you might need to set your gamecube language to japanese. But i forgot how to do that. For normal languages, you need to change the system language and then boot a gamecube game from the disc channel for the setting to be saved as gamecube setting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: