help with firmware please

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RamMalc, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

help with firmware please by RamMalc at 5:55 PM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. RamMalc
    OP

Newcomer RamMalc Newbie

United States
    hi guys,

a friend has a R4v3 card in her DS , it says on it R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS . It has an 8Gb micro SD card in it . She has accidentally deleted some of the software off the SD card needed to make it all work . ALL that is left is 2 folders , one called moonshl2 and R4iMenu .

could anyone please tell me where i can get this softweare from to reinstall it for her .

i've tried reading through the tutorials and software guides but to be honest am pretty much a virgin to DS games and softwre .

Thanks in advance

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    thats a clone
    What is the website?

3. RamMalc
    OP

Newcomer RamMalc Newbie

United States
    What is what site ?

i'm just trying to find her the firmware to make it work and was recommended that this was the site that could help .

i've not come across any Card with an 8Gb SD card in before so am realy groping in the dark here .

4. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Start by reading the sticky "Sticky: All Firmwares for the R4". It is there for a reason.

If all these fail, how did the software end up on the 8 GB SD card in the first place. The original R4 had a 8 inch disk and installation instructions. If this crap clone has the same then you could install that again.

If that fails, try a program like "recuva" to recover the deleted files. Of course do not install new files on the SD card before doing this, otherwise the deleted data is overwritten (so for the first two options use another SD card. "recuva" is free of charge and can be found via Google quite easily.

If that also fails, then put it in a bin and buy a new one. You can also start with this, its the only guaranteed way to get a working card anyway.