Hacking Help with Fire Linker

• Thread starter PriCka
  • Start date
  • Views 7,215
  • Replies 7
P

PriCka

OP
I bought this( http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4707 ) Fire Linker card recently from deal extreme but all of the software is completely in Chinese! I have no idea what to do what so ever!! Does anyone out there in GBA land know of an english version of the fire linker software.

Oh it is a 128mb card with a serial cable for programming.

Cheers chaps,

smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, that's the one. Power on the GBA with the cable attached and as it boots hold down start and select on the GBA at the same time (the Nintendo logo will disappear) . Then press the burn button on the PC and it'll start writing the games to the cart.

Flashcart.exe seems to be some software written for a card that's probably just an unbranded/oem version of the fire linker.

Couldn't find an English release of the Fire Linker software. The Fire Linker II (USB) software did have an English release mind you which I would guess may have worked with the parallel port version of Fire Linker but the download link was dead.

I have no idea how to use the chinese verison of the Fire Linker software either... button to the right of the button with the folder is the write to cart button once you've added some games, but it comes up with an error when trying to write anything over 8MB. I'll just stick to the Flashcart.exe software!

> Link to impressions thread <

smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you get this card?, I mean, it IS cheap, but is only 128Mb, it doesn't come with RTC support, rm compression, or even an english loader!, I don't know, I wouldn't pay not even 10USD for it.

Mmmm... I prefer my old 128 Flash Advance card.

BTW PriCka or DarkForce, have you tried LittleWriter??

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, Littlewriter doesn't detect it.
frown.gif

Well yes there are larger cards with more save space and RTC but then they are a fair bit more expensive. A card that will run 99% of GBA games ain't too shabby for $10! If you're after a cheap GBA flash cart then it's ideal really. Would make a nice cheap gift for kids or bro or sis to keep them quiet. Any GBA homebrewers wanting to get their games out there onto physical carts could write their games onto these. Or well you could just like use it to play some games or homebrew for yourself - 16MB holds a lot of NES games!
happy.gif

Ammusingly when I got the cart in the mail it had Fire Emblem (GBA) already written onto it!! - I guess it's a test to see if the cart works fine, but they could have at least used a non commercial game!

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
off topic too: shaunj66 is right, holly canolli, his user is older than DarkForce's!!!
look at the number of users registered between shaunj66 and PriCka registration period!!!!!
Oh, and I realize DarkForce's ser is only a day older than mine!
lol, we are the '02 generation!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1