Help with editing extdumps

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by shiduyo, May 11, 2015.

1. shiduyo
    OP

shiduyo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    地獄
    So for the past week or so I've been trying to get the golden mii pants working, but alas everything I've tried has failed. I always get to an "error with copying" message when I try restoring my CFL_DB and at this point I'm more curious to find out why this is happening in the first place. I'm currently running emunand 9.4-5 or so and I made the mii completely blank and original, changing only the nickname and creator name and birthday. I turned sharing/copying off and I dump the data just fine. Then when I edit the hex I find the mii ID with the formula provided on the topic and change the first value to a 1, but then I have to get someone else to find my checksum for me, because for some reason it always gives me a "fixcrc has stopped working error". Anyways I'll get the sum and go to the spot given on the topic and change it. Then when I put it back on my sd card and try to restore it I always get that same "error with copying" message. If someone would, could they possibly help to figure out what I'm doing wrong or if something else is wrong? I'm actually really curious to figure out what's going on and it's been bothering me for a while lol