Help with Dios Mios and retail game discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Distincthd, Feb 25, 2013.

Feb 25, 2013
  1. Distincthd
    OP

Newcomer Distincthd Newbie

United Kingdom
    Recently i have modded my Wii and have been pretty much loving the experience. I can't really play any of my GameCube games though as i don't have any spare blank DVD's and the flash drive I'm currently using is too slow so the audio skips and loops around in games and there is a vast amount of clicking and ticking noises in games like Rayman for Playstation 1. Due to this, i though i might as well test how a normal retail game disc would act if i put it in and i was actually quite surprised. I put the game disc in and first of all the Dios Mios logo came up (it should only come up for USB games) and then the logo turns gray (because my the game goes into NTSC mode and makes my whole wii black and white until i turn the console on and off and change the screen type back to 50hz). How can i stop the gamecube disc from activating Dios Mios and if i can't then how can i uninstall Dios Mios because when i tried to uninstall it using the Wad manager it just said "1 file not completed".

2. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    DIOS MIOS replaces the regular MIOS that the Wii normally uses to run GC games. Only way to get GC discs running without DIOS MIOS again is to reinstall a regular MIOS using ModMii or whatever.

3. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Never uninstall system titles on a Wii. It is always, always, always safer to simply install things on top of them.

4. Distincthd
    OP

United Kingdom
    I downloaded ModMii going through all the options and i couldn't see an option for downloading the original Gamecube Mios. Where else can i find this and do i have to install it as a wad or what?

5. Distincthd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nevermind, i found it :3