Hacking help with darkcorp 1.0

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i recently installed darkcorp 1.0 which was previously known as "cioscorp". I installed the lite version with cios249, so using the instructions that came with the package said:

If you already have cIOS249 installed, select:
(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

so i chose that and installed it. i should also tell you i dont really know much about hacking so i didnt know which cios i had so i just went to my neogamma channel and look at the bottom and it said cios249. so i installed it and stuff everything went well, it works. Then i called my friend and told him.... and he calls me stupid, im like how, hes like since neo gamma also uses cios249 and the darkcorp i installed also uses cios249, he says EVERYTIME i load up a game there is a CHANCE OF ME BRICKING cause something might conflict while im loading it. He also said how if i try to uninstall it "im screwed" at the time i didnt question him so im guessing that means if i unistall it ill brick, cause theres no safe way of uninstalling it. so i just wanted to know if hes right or its ok and i probably wont brick. i should also tell you that i never backedup my nand.....

so in a nutshell i want to ask: is there a way to uninstall it? is there a way i can unbrick my wii (just in case ) without a nand backup? and should i just leave it the way it is now?

THANKS SO MUCH! >.> im probably in deep sh*t now so ya plz help?
cry.gif

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i recently installed darkcorp 1.0 which was previously known as "cioscorp". I installed the lite version with cios249, so using the instructions that came with the package said:

If you already have cIOS249 installed, select:
(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

so i chose that and installed it. i should also tell you i dont really know much about hacking so i didnt know which cios i had so i just went to my neogamma channel and look at the bottom and it said cios249. so i installed it and stuff everything went well, it works. Then i called my friend and told him.... and he calls me stupid, im like how, hes like since neo gamma also uses cios249 and the darkcorp i installed also uses cios249, he says EVERYTIME i load up a game there is a CHANCE OF ME BRICKING cause something might conflict while im loading it. He also said how if i try to uninstall it "im screwed" at the time i didnt question him so im guessing that means if i unistall it ill brick, cause theres no safe way of uninstalling it. so i just wanted to know if hes right or its ok and i probably wont brick. i should also tell you that i never backedup my nand.....

so in a nutshell i want to ask: is there a way to uninstall it? is there a way i can unbrick my wii (just in case ) without a nand backup? and should i just leave it the way it is now?

THANKS SO MUCH! >.> im probably in deep sh*t now so ya plz help?
cry.gif
sry of this is in the wrong selection

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everything is ok, there is no problem. Darkcorp in only a collection of ios files and has nothing to do with IOS 249. Darkcorp only used IOS 249 to install the IOS collection. neogamma use IOS 249 to load games. No system file will be modified, only darkcorp patched the System IOS to work with backup discs. The wii wont brick, thats a lie.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Furhtermore, darkcorp 1.1 is the newest version. 1.0 is outdated. You could either u pdate darkcorp to 1.1 or uninstall it with the 1.1 installer.

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Everything is ok, there is no problem. Darkcorp in only a collection of ios files and has nothing to do with IOS 249. Darkcorp only used IOS 249 to install the IOS collection. neogamma use IOS 249 to load games. No system file will be modified, only darkcorp patched the System IOS to work with backup discs. The wii wont brick, thats a lie.

thanks man now i dont need to be scared to load games
biggrin.gif
btw is there a way to unbrick my wii if i dont have a nand backup? or bootmii isntalled. i do have priiloader if that has anything to do with it.

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jelmew said:
Furhtermore, darkcorp 1.1 is the newest version. 1.0 is outdated. You could either u pdate darkcorp to 1.1 or uninstall it with the 1.1 installer.

i never really really understood how to update an app. do i just load darkcorp 1.1 from HBC and then press this option? (Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode) well that is for 1.0 so im guessing since it says "Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0" it'll have an option for 1.1 to upgrade? thanks for the help.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know where your friend got his skills, but simply using cIOS249 in neogamma won't cause a brick. Worst case scenario - that 'conflict' he's talking about - simply means you'll have to turn off your wii the hard way (hold the power for some seconds). It will not "just brick" by playing a game.

How I know this stuff? Easy: cIOS249 isn't a crucial part of your wii (nor is any other IOS with a number above 200). For normal purposes (loading the system menu and stuff like that) you won't even NEED the thing. As such, you can update, delete, overwrite or even downgrade it (heck...I just happened to downgrade it and upgrade it shortly after just for the heck of it).

Cioscorp/darkcorp is a different story. That changes a whole lot of things that ARE crucial to your wii. But even with those...the only real brick risk is when you do something wrong during the installation or uninstall (I haven't tried either, but I hear the instructions on how to do these are carefully documented in the included readme). And as such, I'd strongly advise to just stay put. At the very least until you've got some decent backup measures.

Is there a chance to unbrick your wii without nand backup? Possible. But why would you do that if you can actually MAKE a backup? Just install bootmii (you can find it in the hackmii installer package). Preferably as boot2, but if not, as IOS.
If you have to install it as an IOS, also install priiloader*.
Then use bootmii to make a NAND backup.

That's all there is to it. I know this may sound confusing if you're new to this, but believe me: it's for your own good. And it may turn out to be the only way to unbrick it if things get too messy.
smile.gif

*personally, I'd say to install this program anyway: it's features are way too convenient once you realise what the proggy can do (it can, for instance, help out if you bricked your wii by installing a wad with a bad banner)

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
I don't know where your friend got his skills, but simply using cIOS249 in neogamma won't cause a brick. Worst case scenario - that 'conflict' he's talking about - simply means you'll have to turn off your wii the hard way (hold the power for some seconds). It will not "just brick" by playing a game.

How I know this stuff? Easy: cIOS249 isn't a crucial part of your wii (nor is any other IOS with a number above 200). For normal purposes (loading the system menu and stuff like that) you won't even NEED the thing. As such, you can update, delete, overwrite or even downgrade it (heck...I just happened to downgrade it and upgrade it shortly after just for the heck of it).

Cioscorp/darkcorp is a different story. That changes a whole lot of things that ARE crucial to your wii. But even with those...the only real brick risk is when you do something wrong during the installation or uninstall (I haven't tried either, but I hear the instructions on how to do these are carefully documented in the included readme). And as such, I'd strongly advise to just stay put. At the very least until you've got some decent backup measures.

Is there a chance to unbrick your wii without nand backup? Possible. But why would you do that if you can actually MAKE a backup? Just install bootmii (you can find it in the hackmii installer package). Preferably as boot2, but if not, as IOS.
If you have to install it as an IOS, also install priiloader*.
Then use bootmii to make a NAND backup.

That's all there is to it. I know this may sound confusing if you're new to this, but believe me: it's for your own good. And it may turn out to be the only way to unbrick it if things get too messy.
smile.gif

*personally, I'd say to install this program anyway: it's features are way too convenient once you realise what the proggy can do (it can, for instance, help out if you bricked your wii by installing a wad with a bad banner)

thanks for taking your time to reply with such detail and opinion
biggrin.gif
really appreciate it. im probably gona backup my nand like on the weekend thanks again bro.
yaywii.gif

anand3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
Hmm...I thought my reply here was gone. Then it turned out you've made the exact same thread over here. It has an answer to that backup question of yours.
smile.gif

i thought i had the first question in the wrong selection so i reposted it here, and ya i read it too thanks for the help
yaywii.gif

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I like the part where u wait till the last minute of ur post 2 mention, 'I thought I should tell you I never backedup my NAND.' Freakin priceless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1