Gaming help with cso files

don_eno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
my psp doesn't play cso files but play iso files fine. how can i make cso files iso files or a way to play cso files with my psp

don_eno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have a psp 1000 and when i try to load a cso file it says the game could not be started (80020148). the guy who sold this to me said that it can only play iso files

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which CFW are you running? Most if not all CFWs will run both .iso and .cso files. You can check the firmware version in System Information.

don_eno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ProtoKun7 said:
Which CFW are you running? Most if not all CFWs will run both .iso and .cso files. You can check the firmware version in System Information.
5.50 gen-c(full) nickname psp321

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don_eno said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Haha, you don't need to tell us your nickname. That's temporary CFW, so you're using a PSP 2000 or 3000?

don_eno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ProtoKun7 said:
don_eno said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Haha, you don't need to tell us your nickname. That's temporary CFW, so you're using a PSP 2000 or 3000?
i'm sure that its not a 3000 because i had one so propably a 2000

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
It's one of the following -

1. Either the .cso is corrupt or the rip by the uploader was bad and you need to download again.

2. Some .iso's don't run properly as compressed .cso's so it needs to be converted back to .iso through a program such as PSP Compressor.

3. Change the driver mode on you psp by hitting the select button and choose between m33, Sony NP9550, or OE isofs.

4. In a rare case, your firmware might've been corrupt while updating - if all of the above fail, try updating your firmware.

don_eno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thank you all for your help.
one last question the guy who sold this to me said that i wont be able to play some of the newest games with this firmare but if i upgrade it i can't play some of the old games. is it true?

Tear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the last custom firmware by gen has an internal decrypter, and it may occur some errors with old games.
I tried to play Riviera on my PSP 3000 with gen-c and it didn't work until I patch it with eboot exchanger v2.8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end