Help with corrupted memory card

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Kamiyama, Oct 30, 2010.

Oct 30, 2010
  1. Kamiyama
    OP

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    My PSP's memory card just got corrupted, and that got ALL my save files from the years between 2006-2010, so I'm kinda screwed. My PSP says that memory card cannot be read and wants to format it. Then I put memory card to PC and it want to format it as well. I'm reading some topics that are using hex editor to fix hard drives, so is there way to do that also to memory cards? I have Memory Stick Pro Duo micro SD adaptor with Transcend micro SDHC 4GB memory card.

EDIT: Oh, and it was formated to FAT32, I think.

2. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    well I guess you could search around for some of those data recoverers used mainly on SD and flash drives but from my experience,these programs don't do shit and you could maybe get a virus along with them.

anyone else have any ideas?

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Recuva's free?

4. Kamiyama
    OP

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    I have tried some recovery softwares with no luck. They're only looking music and pics. Well, I got all save files pics, but not the save files. I also tried Recuva, but it cannot read the memory card unless it's formated first.

Well, I formated it with PSP, tried Recuva. Nothing. So, I think that's it. And I was almost finished MGS Peace Walker...

5. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    :wtf:...I'm sorry to say this but a UNIX based OS (OSX or a distro of linux) would of been better suited to find data on corrupted cards.