Help with compiling Machell's SD Cafiine for HBL?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by MDragon, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MDragon
    OP

MDragon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Hello there~

I've been spending quite a while trying to compile Machell's SD Cafiine (intending to modify it with hopes of being able to select a specific folder for a mod or, in essence, for switching modpacks on the Wii U during game start up), but unfortunately I've been spending quite a while failing to compile it. For what I've tried...

After setting up my Xubuntu VM, this is specifically what I've done to compile SD Cafiine (that wasn't a haphazard mess of finding files and moving them around into directories, etc):

• Installed devkitPro and devkitPPC
    • Downloaded SD Cafiine (and then realized I was missing the dynamic_libs folder's contents when git cloning as it's linked to a seperate repo)
    • Cloned the entire libfat and libiosuhax folders into the devkitPro path. Compiled libiosuhax with ease, although libfat needed me to copy over iosuhax_disc_interface.h (and iosuhax_disc_interface.c) from libiosuhax into the "include" directory before it would compile
    • Currently getting the following error (typing "make" in the root folder of the repo) in src/main.cpp line 7: "fatal error: iosuhax.h: No such file or directory" (for an include line of such a file)
    Before I was just searching for files and throwing them into the appropriate SDCafiine directory with hopes of just moving forward with compiling, but that led into such a deep rabbit hole.. And ultimately I ran into a compile type error with curl (couldn't find some curl struct type that seemed to be decently used).

After telling myself I would give up for the night, I stumbled on the link to homebrew_launcher. I cloned that repo and, after downloading portlibs, got a compile error regarding an invalid conversion. Okay, that was fine as I moved on to cloning the hello_world and pong_port linked repos, which I could successfully compile.

However, I still have the same issues as before and am at a complete loss at what's the proper way just to compile SD Cafiine. Could anyone help me by any chance? I'm pretty excited to (hopefully) make the modification to SD Cafiine, but I can't get past Step 0 unfortunately.

EDIT: Sorry, actually clicked on post (clicked Enter, Shift Enter?) without finishing! Will try to edit to completion as fast as possible!
    EDIT x2: Thanks for the wait, all done now!

Last edited by MDragon, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Zarklord

Zarklord GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    i gotta clean up some stuff before i release it fully but if you wait 1-2 weeks it will be released :)

3. MDragon
    OP

MDragon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Nice! Guess no need for me to dive more into this. Lookin forward to the release :D

Zarklord likes this.