ROM Hack help with CHEAT.dat and usrcheat.dat

supercu96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new so please help me. What is the difference between cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat? And when I use the usrcheat.dat the cheats won't show up when i start my ds is there something I have to do? And is there a way to change a usrcheat.dat into a cheat.dat?
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supercu96 said:
Im new so please help me. What is the difference between cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat?I believe the answer is cheat.dat is encrypted, usrcheat.dat isn't.
supercu96 said:
And when I use the usrcheat.dat the cheats won't show up when i start my ds is there something I have to do?Do you still have cheat.dat on your card?
Only one cheat file will be loaded, and most likely your card checks for 'cheat.dat' before 'usrcheat.dat'.
QUOTE(supercu96 @ Oct 18 2009, 06:53 PM)
And is there a way to change a usrcheat.dat into a cheat.dat?
yaynds.gif
Possibly, but it would be easier to just download the updated cheat.dat from the CheatCode Database.

Also, knowing what card you have would go a long way to helping sort your problem out.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you Have an R4 or M3 just use Either CHEAT.DAT or USRCHEAT.DAT, same thing, 'cept that the Size of the Files are different. USRCHEAT.DAT is Faster to download because of its Smaller size than USRCHEAT.DAT...Up to you.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
If you Have an R4 or M3 just use Either CHEAT.DAT or USRCHEAT.DAT, same thing, 'cept that the Size of the Files are different. USRCHEAT.DAT is Faster to download because of its Smaller size than USRCHEAT.DAT...Up to you.
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but... You like post whoring don't you?
You seem to respond to a lot of problems that have already been solved, giving the same advice as someone who responded an hour before you.

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am r4ymond said:
USRCHEAT.DAT is Faster to download because of its Smaller size than USRCHEAT.DAT...Up to you.
Eh? Could you explain that?
I must agree, you seem to post like, in *EVERY* thread that is pretty much already answered. Almost 200 posts in 1 month..?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mipe said:
I am r4ymond said:
USRCHEAT.DAT is Faster to download because of its Smaller size than USRCHEAT.DAT...Up to you.
Eh? Could you explain that?
Well... CHEAT.DAT is 5.23 MBs
While USRCHEAT.DAT is 1.59 MBs

It'll be faster to download USRCHEAT.DAT than CHEAT.DAT
USRCHEAT.DAT takes me 20 seconds to download, while CHEAT.DAT takes a minute.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr