Hacking Help with broken 2DS XL

GoldenTreesYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2ds xl I got used from a friend, and I've installed B9S and luma3ds on it. It's been working for awhile, except for one time when I dropped it. The charging light hasn't worked since, but it still charged and worked fine etc. Just no orange light. Recently I closed it for a bit to get something. When I got back I pulled it out of my pocket to play, and it wouldn't turn on! After some experimenting with my old 2ds backup, I have concluded that it's locked in sleep mode. Here's what happens when I start it:

If only pressing power, just a blue light and blank screens

If holding start on power on, GM9 loads but no video on top screen. I also noticed some flickering on the bottom screen. Everything seems to work, but booting the FIRM file manually doesn't work either. Any idea how to fix it?

GoldenTreesYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: I noticed a rectangle on the top screen, and realized it looked like a cracked LCD, but there were no cracks. I believe it is simply due to a disconnected ribbon cable. I will order a screwdriver and fix the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1