Hacking Help with Bricked Wii

KeinesR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello guys, i have this problem with this wii.

The wii was in version 4.2U but doesn't update (error 32007) so i installed the homebrew channel and bootmii, everything going well so far. I was going to update the system menu to 4.3U but the wiimodlite keeps showing me the error (-1036) required sys version(ios) is not installed (i have done this before and no problem). I installed ios 249 with base 56 with the d2xcios installer and tried again in the wiimodlite, realoading that cios and nothing, keeps getting the same error.

So i did a little research on the forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-upgrade-error.263584/) and the user Zelgadis87 says that he installed ios70 and the problem was solved, so i did the same but my wii is now bricked, when i turn it on shows me nothing (i'm leaving a picture) i tried to load bootmii but wasn't successful, is there any way to launch bootmii or the hbc channel again? I tried power on holding power and reset button but nothing happens.

Please help my unbrick it.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 08.44.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 08.44.22.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 121

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The wii was in version 4.2U but doesn't update (error 32007) so i installed the homebrew channel and bootmii, everything going well so far. I was going to update the system menu to 4.3U but the wiimodlite keeps showing me the error (-1036) required sys version(ios) is not installed (i have done this before and no problem). I installed ios 249 with base 56 with the d2xcios installer and tried again in the wiimodlite, realoading that cios and nothing, keeps getting the same error.

So i did a little research on the forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-upgrade-error.263584/) and the user Zelgadis87 says that he installed ios70 and the problem was solved, so i did the same but my wii is now bricked, when i turn it on shows me nothing (i'm leaving a picture) i tried to load bootmii but wasn't successful, is there any way to launch bootmii or the hbc channel again? I tried power on holding power and reset button but nothing happens.

There was no reason to update the Wii in the first place

Reactions: jeannotte

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That does not sound good.
No Priiloader, no BootMii in boot2 and no starting System Menu = Game Over for software methods.

That doesn't help at all.
Don't expect too much.

Generally speaking updating a Wii beyond 4.1 is pretty pointless though I've read somewhere that RiiConnect24 might require 4.3 (not sure if I remember this correctly). Having the correct (c)IOS is sufficient for running all games.
But yes, the reply you got there is not helpful at all as it neither contains a reason for the statement nor an attempt to help nor any explanation whatsoever.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I am very,very sorry,to hear your Wii is maybe bricked......:(

Do you have maybe Priiloader installed ? :sad:
(Press + hold RESET on your Wii and power on the Wii please)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

KeinesR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No Priiloader, no BootMii in boot2 and no starting System Menu = Game Over for software methods.

Don't expect too much.

Generally speaking updating a Wii beyond 4.1 is pretty pointless though I've read somewhere that RiiConnect24 might require 4.3 (not sure if I remember this correctly). Having the correct (c)IOS is sufficient for running all games.
But yes, the reply you got there is not helpful at all as it neither contains a reason for the statement nor an attempt to help nor any explanation whatsoever.
Many thanks for the support, any other method? don't care is hardware method.

Hello.:)

I am very,very sorry,to hear your Wii is maybe bricked......:(

Do you have maybe Priiloader installed ? :sad:
(Press + hold RESET on your Wii and power on the Wii please)

Thank you.:)

Thanks to you, nop, no priiloader, like KleinesSinchen said, no priiloader, no bootmii in boot2, no image at the screen, just darkness in the soul.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Don't expect too much.

RiiConnect24 does require you to be on 4.3, but I think that's only required for mail. And... spoiler... ModMii's next update should allow you to use all of RiiConnect24's features on lower firmwares (but no, I don't think I will be adding full RiiConnect24 support to ModMii at this time, but there are other amazing tools to help with that anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1