1. KeinesR

OP KeinesR Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Hello guys, i have this problem with this wii.

The wii was in version 4.2U but doesn't update (error 32007) so i installed the homebrew channel and bootmii, everything going well so far. I was going to update the system menu to 4.3U but the wiimodlite keeps showing me the error (-1036) required sys version(ios) is not installed (i have done this before and no problem). I installed ios 249 with base 56 with the d2xcios installer and tried again in the wiimodlite, realoading that cios and nothing, keeps getting the same error.

So i did a little research on the forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-upgrade-error.263584/) and the user Zelgadis87 says that he installed ios70 and the problem was solved, so i did the same but my wii is now bricked, when i turn it on shows me nothing (i'm leaving a picture) i tried to load bootmii but wasn't successful, is there any way to launch bootmii or the hbc channel again? I tried power on holding power and reset button but nothing happens.

Please help my unbrick it.

Attached Files:

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    There was no reason to update the Wii in the first place

jeannotte likes this.
  3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    normally I'd say this sounds like a 003 brick, but that usually results in an actual 003 error being displayed

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  4. KeinesR

OP KeinesR Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    That doesn't help at all.

No, nothing appears on the screen, i think my wii is dead for good.

KleinesSinchen likes this.
  5. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    That does not sound good.
    No Priiloader, no BootMii in boot2 and no starting System Menu = Game Over for software methods.

Don't expect too much.

Generally speaking updating a Wii beyond 4.1 is pretty pointless though I've read somewhere that RiiConnect24 might require 4.3 (not sure if I remember this correctly). Having the correct (c)IOS is sufficient for running all games.
    But yes, the reply you got there is not helpful at all as it neither contains a reason for the statement nor an attempt to help nor any explanation whatsoever.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  6. alexander1970

alexander1970 Try to Live in here and now.

Austria
    Hello.:)

I am very,very sorry,to hear your Wii is maybe bricked......:(

Do you have maybe Priiloader installed ? :sad:
    (Press + hold RESET on your Wii and power on the Wii please)

Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  7. KeinesR

OP KeinesR Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Many thanks for the support, any other method? don't care is hardware method.

Thanks to you, nop, no priiloader, like KleinesSinchen said, no priiloader, no bootmii in boot2, no image at the screen, just darkness in the soul.

8. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    RiiConnect24 does require you to be on 4.3, but I think that's only required for mail. And... spoiler... ModMii's next update should allow you to use all of RiiConnect24's features on lower firmwares (but no, I don't think I will be adding full RiiConnect24 support to ModMii at this time, but there are other amazing tools to help with that anyway)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bricked,