Hacking Help With Bricked Wii. I have NAND Backup.

bacarat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,
I was softmodding my Wii and ran into a problem. I was downgrading to 3.2 System Menu and (Stupidly) skipped a step and went ahead and downgraded with + then - (Dangerous!) I think what happened was that I skipped copying the file that was nescassary to install this version of the system menu. I rebooted my Wii and the Green light comes on, disks spin up but nothing comes on the screen, it says no signal. I think I may have deleted my system menu or something? Prior to doing this I thought I had installed BootMii as boot2, because I made a backup of my NAND and saved it to my computer from the SD card. The problem is that the Wii wont even boot to BootMii now even with the SD card in so I cant restore a backup from my NAND. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to fix this? I have tried to use the Gamecube controller fix but it wont work, still no signal on my TV when I boot up my Wii. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Aside from buying a new Wii is there ANYTHING I can do here? Again I DO have a NAND backup. Thanks Guys!

awsome8

Trophies
XP
Country
make sure the folder on ur sd card for bootmii is named "bootmii" and check that all of the files are there. if u have preloader, use it to run the homebrew channel and then install bootmii as an ios. i think that this makes it so u can run bootmii when u press the home button while in the homebrew channel. hope this works

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If it actually says "no signal" rather than simply a black screen then its unlikely to be a software/firmware issue and more likely a hardware issue - first off, have you checked the video cables are connected properly? Do the wiimotes sync upon start up?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you turn on the wii without a sd card in it. does the dvd led flash blue twice, if it does that means bootmii is install to boot2 if it does not, you dont have it installed

edit: And to the poster above me, yes a low level software brick like missing the system menu IOS or the system menu itself, can cause a No Video Signal, and also a faulty hardware can cause this also, but i'm pretty sure bootmii if its installed has boot2 can still boot even with a faulty Bluetooth\Wifi module so you need to check if the dvd led flashes blue twice upon powering on your wii without a sd card, to see if you have it installed correctly.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
If it actually says "no signal" rather than simply a black screen then its unlikely to be a software/firmware issue and more likely a hardware issue - first off, have you checked the video cables are connected properly? Do the wiimotes sync upon start up?
I've never actually understood how video cables could be the problem unless they are broken. Having them not plugged in correctly would just lead to no signal.

bacarat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, Thanks for the fast responses!

OK, So My Wii DVD LED Does flash twice when I turn on the Wii, does this mean I have BootMii installed? My WiiMotes will not sync and My cables are fine because My brother Wii works fine with them. Thanks!

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
In addition to the above poster, That will only happen if you DID NOT edit the ini file and make it so that it skips bootmii menu and goes straight to system menu.

If YOU DID edit the ini file, then revert back to what it was originally. that should help.

Yeah, but apparently the bootmii file is gone. Hmm. I'm trying to think what you can do now..... Do you have preloader?

bacarat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My BROS wii has the homebrew channel, Can I just use that and choose the Setup SD card option then use that SD card to boot the broken Wii? I dont have preloader on the broken wii, I only backed up the NAND

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes but you will need to add your own specific nand.bin (from your pc) to the bootmii folder created on the sd card and then cross your fingers!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bacarat said:
I was able to restore from my NAND backup, WHEW!. You guys are lifesavers. Thanks Again All is well now!

I would suggest to copy over the bootmii folder (containing the three necessary files to boot it) over to your HD as well and store it along with your original backed up NAND. This way you always have these files should you ever format your SD card or accidentally delete them, you can copy that folder over to an SD along with the nand.bin and restore without having to hunt down another bootmii Wii
smile.gif

Good to see bootmii in restore action! Good job
smile.gif

amwg16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same issue. I was trying to update the Shop Channel without updating to 4.3 (I was on 4.2U) and after a reboot, I no longer get a video signal on tv.

I had BootMii installed as boot1, I believe, I'm not sure.
The disc led flashes only once, if that's any help.
When I power on the Wii it is still responsive and I can insert disc and hear them spin up only nothing is outputted to tv.
My Wiimotes won't sync, when I push any button the 4 lights at the bottom of the controller just blink a couple times.
I also too have a NAND backup and I have the bootmii folder on my SD card with 3 files in there (armboot.ini, bootmii.ini, ppcboot.elf).

What is the exact process to booting into BootMii to restore NAND, is it automatic or do I have to somehow trigger it? Do i need to edit the bootmii.ini file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I've double checked the video cables and they are fine, I also tried booting with GC controller w/o any success. (using 3rd party GC controller)

HELP please.... =[

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
AFAIK. if you installed bootmii on boot1 then you should get in the bootmii menu(?)when you turn on the wii.
You j ust need to put the bootmii files in your sd.
Otherwise, if you installed it in boot2. you should have preloader installed in order to get in the bootmii menu.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If bootmii is not booting its common hardware issue (not softmod related) just unplug your wii for an hour or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im not your boyfriend