Help with best DS game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by NDS_N00b, Dec 27, 2008.

Dec 27, 2008

Help with best DS game by NDS_N00b at 11:15 PM (1,444 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. NDS_N00b
    OP

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    Hy everyone!

I'm a Portuguese DS owner and quite a addicted gamer I'm afraid (...not [​IMG]).
    I have a Portuguese blog which you can visit by clicking here, it's written in Portuguese but it has a link to translate the blog to English (by Google translator, so there will be several grammar mistakes).
    Of course one of the post by this time would be the "Best DS Game" one, but I can't make a post of this kind only with my gamer experience. So, I kindly ask for your opinion, rather it is only in one category (action, adventure, puzzle, etc.) or several, so I can make a post with proper opinions, THE GAMERS OPINION, not those self-titled "professional gamers". Not that those don't existe, but I read several game-websites and some of their opinions are like "OMGWTF? This game didn't deserve this rate!".
    Also, i would like you to considered, besides the usual action/puzzle/adventure/RPG/etc. the category "Most Underrated", since there are several games to pick on (like Soul Bubbles).
    Of course that in my post I will mention and thank the GBATemp community for their opinion.
    Just write something like "Action - Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia, Puzzle - Professor Layton, RPG - Chronno Trigger" and so on.
    Thanks for your time, patience and collaboration. I will count the votes until the 1st of January (GMT hour), and please do not start discussions with "how can you said that game X is better then game Y! You are a f--- n00b!". The post are opinions and "opinions are like as*holes, everybody has one."
    You may give your opinion right here on this post, it's not necessary to go to my blog and put a comment with your choices.
    Thanks again and sorry for any mistake in my writing!!

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Wait isnt this against the rules

Never mind, I just read it a little wrong.

Well heres mine

Multiplayer - Soma Bringer
    Simulation - Rune Factory 2
    Misc - N+

3. sphere9

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    doesn't seem like it, is he asking for our opinion to be posted here, or on his blog?

4. NDS_N00b
    OP

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    Hy sphere9

You may give your opinion here, it's not necessary to go to my blog and send a message or reply to a post of the blog, i'm not asking to visit it ^^
    I will put that in the first post to clarify people. Thanks!

5. NintenCraig

Newcomer NintenCraig Member

Australia
    I have to say mariokart DS and metroid prime hunter, amazing! I play them day and night, I really like them, I love them, I can not live without them!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. NDS_N00b
    OP

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    Hy there NintenCraig!
    Thanks for your opinion, i also agree that Mario Kart DS and Metroid prime hunter are two of the best games that the DS has to offer.
    Unfortunately, those games were release back in 2005/2006, so for a "Top Game list of the Year 2008" they can't be included on the voting ^^
    Thanks for your opinion!

7. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    T(he)W(orld)E(nds)W(ith)Y(ou) was a nice game
    Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is one of the most nice remakes i've ever played
    Luminous Arc 2 is worth to mention
    Chrono Trigger Again nice remake
    And a maybe not really liked game but if you're fan from the pc versions its really nice:
    Line Rider 2 Unbound

8. aimansss95

Member aimansss95 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    world ends with you? bleach dark soul

9. brissmas

Member brissmas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Professor layton and soma bringer.

10. davislim

Member davislim GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    RPG - Soma Bringer, Phantasy Star Zero, The World Ends With You, Tales Of Innocence
    Puzzle - Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Big Brain Academy
    Racing - Mario Kart, Need For Speed
    Adventure - Time Hollow
    Virtual Life - Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Music - Guitar Hero On Tour / Decades
    FPS - Call Of Duty4 / 5, Metroid Prime: Hunters
    Platformer - Castlevania, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

11. BirryPan

Newcomer BirryPan Member

Australia
    It would have to be Soma Bringer and Metroid Prime Hunters. If you want something like a plamformer try Castlevania.

12. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    you do know that we have Essentials lists on the forum right?why not check that out,they give their opinions there...and dice collects them.BTW i like The World Ends With You,Pokemon D/P/PT,Advance Wars Dual Strike/Days of Ruin,Call of Duty 5,and some other games i won't mention cuz of laziness

13. Earl

Member Earl GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    I read the title a bit wrong too, i read "Help with best DS game, Your opinion coconuts!" though, so i guess that wouldnt be against the rules either, just a tad strange xd