Help with Baten Kaitos

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by FoolishDreamer, Oct 29, 2009.

Oct 29, 2009

Help with Baten Kaitos by FoolishDreamer at 9:54 AM (3,315 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. FoolishDreamer
    OP

Newcomer FoolishDreamer Member

United States
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to play this awesome game on my softmodded Wii but when I load it all the subtitles are replaced with some strange @@MOVIE_DATA010@@... Why? This is my second time trying to burning it and grabbing the iso from a different source but it's still all I get!
    Am I doing something wrong?

I already have the mios patcher, I played other GC games before and nothing like this happened. Also I'm using NeoGamma R7 and burning the iso like always.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    This is one of the games that can not be played on the Wii, it's all buggy.
    But that was back when i was downloading GC, i was gutted [​IMG]

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Which game are you talking about. Origins or Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. I know that they both work with a modchip so you will either have to get on of them or simply buy the game, and trust me, they are worth spending money on to play.

4. JoseBove

Newcomer JoseBove Member

France
    I totally agree, baten kaitos eternal wings (haven't played the other) is a true masterpiece. Cutscenes are kind of too long sometimes, but this game is brilliant overall.

5. Edgedancer

Australia
    Finally. I haven't really seen anyone else as a major fan of the series. It has possibly one of the best plot-twists I have seen in a game.

6. JoseBove

Newcomer JoseBove Member

France
    I don't really care about the scenario, I'm actually rather pissed whenever a game wants to have a story and turns an hour of playing into 20 minutes of actual playing and 40 minutes of cutscenes and reading dialogues. But baten kaitos has one of the best RPG gameplay ever, it's a shame the series is kind of dead, because if it had been receiving better exposure, it would have been right up there with the greatest RPG series of all time.

7. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yes! I love this series!! Shame Australia never got part 2 of the series. I just ordered it. Own both games, along with Tales for GC! Buy them, worth it!!

8. MaGnUmKiLLa

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, maybe you guys could answer his question without having a nerdgasm at the mention of the game's title. Is there a way to get it to work with a soft modded wii? The compatibility list says that both Baten Kaitos games work just fine.

9. woodoste

Newcomer woodoste Advanced Member

Italy
    It happens when you run a US copy on a PAL Gamecube which has not the main language set to english.
    I changed the language from italian to english and subtitles were OK.

I got the same problem on the Wii, I tried that trick but it doesn't work on Wii :/

I'm using an orginal copy, if you own a backup try launching NEogamma and tforce english language.

10. Edgedancer

Australia
    Mate, if you will look, I actually asked a question that would be useful in answering his question. Dont get all high-and-mighty because he doesn't answer my question.

11. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There is a way to get this and the second game working on a softmodded wii. I have a softmod wii and have completed both without problems, using GC Backup loader 0.2.

You need to search for a program called FSTFIX . (use google) then workout how to run it via commandline and enable all options and run the Baten Kaitos .ISO file through it(remember to use all options, and you will get a 3gb .iso file for each disc). This, when burned will now work. I have also used this trick on Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy and also Goldeneye : Rogue Agent.

I have posted this numerous times on many places, I am surprised people do not know of this still. The only game I have had to buy the original foer (gamecube games that is) is the Phantasy Star ones.

Anyhow, good luck, it does work :>

12. ManuLenin

Newcomer ManuLenin Newbie

France
    Hello all!!

after many and many times with ISO I didn't get this game working without freezing. After days of searching on the internet I have found the original game with an awesome price and without doubt I bought it... After a long wait, the game arrived and " @@MOVIE_DATA010@@. " or "@@CMNSTR_data_@@" appearing instead of the text...all the subtitles and other text are replaced with those words... http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/875544HNI_0005.jpg

The thing is that game is US version and my wii is PAL. I have tried all the region changer and geckoss thing. Different launcher.. the result is always the same...

is there an another way than using FSTFIX?? I have heard, in another forum, that you have to modify the BIOS...

can somebody help me? I'm a huge fan of RPG and I know that this game can't be missed..

thank you [​IMG]

13. FoolishDreamer
    OP

Newcomer FoolishDreamer Member

United States
    Cool, I almost lose hope!
    Just to be sure since I don't really really REALLY want another frisbee what size should I choose? Full size or 3 gigs?

OMFG IT'S WORKING!
    Fuking awesome, finally I can play this game *____*
    Thx man you're the best [​IMG]