Hardware Help with Aliexpress backlight kit

Mayakovski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone. First of all I must apologize for my English. It is my pending subject. I write thanks to the translator.
I have asked in Spanish forums but they have not been able to answer me. I bought the kit to make the screen modification to the Game Boy Advance SP.
I can not paste the product link so you can see the images.
The problem is that it does not work for me. I sold everything the same as in the images. I asked the seller but he only answered that I had to weld everything as in the images. That's what I did but it does not work. I think there must be something wrong because I do not understand it.
Can you help me?
I do not have the transistor because I lost it. Anyway, when the transistor was soldered as in the image, the screen did not light up.
Now I want to buy a motherboard (I found it for € 5) because after so much soldering and desoldering I finally broke a condenser.
I hope that everything I have written is understood. Thank you very much.

Mayakovski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The model is C / AGS-CPU-11. The kit consists of the screen, a micro resistance (I do not have one), cable and a mini integrated circuit. The circuit is not the same as pololu. How can I send you the link to the kit so that you can see how it is?

Bazahazano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The model is C / AGS-CPU-11. The kit consists of the screen, a micro resistance (I do not have one), cable and a mini integrated circuit. The circuit is not the same as pololu. How can I send you the link to the kit so that you can see how it is?
IMG_20180126_120614.jpg
Is this diagram similar to your board? I have a couple of these I got from AliExpress but I have not tried yet.

You can try write the link with some spaces in it.

Mayakovski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
View attachment 115292
Is this diagram similar to your board? I have a couple of these I got from AliExpress but I have not tried yet.

You can try write the link with some spaces in it.
It is similar but not the same.
https: //es.aliexpress. com/store/product/For-GBA-SP-Screen-LCD-OEM-Backlit-Brighter-Highlight-W-Normal-Motherboard-Modify-Part/1945613_32660798079.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.844HeK

Mayakovski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It is similar but not the same.
https: //es.aliexpress. com/store/product/For-GBA-SP-Screen-LCD-OEM-Backlit-Brighter-Highlight-W-Normal-Motherboard-Modify-Part/1945613_32660798079.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.844HeK
You have to remove the spaces to the link.

Bazahazano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to remove the spaces to the link.
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...32660798079.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.844HeK

That is the exact board in my diagram. I have this board but I have not yet attempted this way of doing the mod.

Double check the photos and make sure all is exactly the same did you cut the trace?

Here you can buy the motherboard ready modded no messing around

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rep...-Nintendo-GameBoy-Advance-SP/32829516269.html

Last edited by Bazahazano,

Mayakovski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I cut the track and performed the steps as in the link that I have pasted. But the screen does not light up. I also broke a capacitor and lost the mini resistance included in the kit.
I do not understand why in the link that you have put the mod is different.
I do not trust the seller of the modified motherboards. Some comments say that it has rusted pieces.
I do not know what to do. I do not know whether to buy the pololu and another motherboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended