ROM Hack Help with adding mods to BOTW

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to add the Linkle mod (https://gamebanana.com/mods/246723) to BOTW on my hacked Switch.

I followed the guide at the bottom of the page here: https://zeldamods.org/wiki/Help:Using_mods#Switch , but there is no "contents" or "titles" folder in my Atmosphere folder. (Using the latest version btw). I tried making the folders myself, and no dice.

I googled around for a while, but can only find info on the WiiU version and/or emulation. Any ideas?

I'm sure I'm just being really dumb.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without adding more details.

Show what you have created.

I followed the guide listed. The mods did not appear. What more could I possibly add?

I didn't create anything, someone else did, which I linked to.

I honestly do not understand what you are even asking at this point. Are you trying to be difficult? :/

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Again, it's in the guide I posted, but here:

/atmosphere/contents/01007EF00011E000/romfs/

All the .bnp files are in there, as the guide says to do. No mods showing in-game.
guide doesn't say anything about putting .bnp files there.
.bnp is an archive for BoTW mod manager. You must use that to install mods from bnp. And this PC tool is dedicated to emulators. Dunno if you can use it on Switch.

That's why I ask for details. There is also zip containing extracted mods that can be used directly with Switch. But I'm bad here because your explanation is insufficient.

Reactions: pac1291

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I linked to the mod. I assume you could explain via that?

And the guide does say to place mods there. It doesn't say bnp specifically, but I just assumed because its a Switch mod it would be installed that way.

I don't know what more you want me to explain lol. I obviously only have limited knowledge of this shit. If I knew everything, I wouldn't be having problems.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean, I linked to the mod. I assume you could explain via that?

And the guide does say to place mods there. It doesn't say bnp specifically, but I just assumed because its a Switch mod it would be installed that way.

I don't know what more you want me to explain lol. I obviously only have limited knowledge of this shit. If I knew everything, I wouldn't be having problems.
When someone is asking for more details and you don't know what they exactly mean, write bulletpoints with everything you have done so the other person can replicate your issue 1:1
I would download zip and mod would work fine, and that's why your explanation was insufficient.

deathwhitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind just fixed it. Turns out all I had to do was be a massive prick to my Switch for 20 mins and it fixed itself.

Cheers.
Sounds like you have been a prick for longer than twenty mins mate. Your the kind of person that makes working in tech support a nightmare.

Be specific means give EVERY little detail, no matter how small, so we can recreate your issue and fix it for you. Never assume anything, thats not how guides work. Just eat crow and admit the guide confused you and need further guidance.

Last note saying it magicaly fixed itself cause you where a prick to your switch doesnt help anyone else who may stumble upon this post in the future looking a solution to this same issue. In short this entire thread was a waste of everyones time involved. Good job

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you taking the time to revive a dead thread is a bigger waste of time, but alright.
This is has been the only time someone has been a jerk to me on this forum, so pardon me for not licking boots.

If you work in tech support and THIS makes you so annoyed you gotta post about it, maybe you should change jobs tbh. Kind of counterproductive.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.