Help with acekard 2i wifi!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by liban100, Sep 6, 2011.

Sep 6, 2011

Help with acekard 2i wifi! by liban100 at 8:05 PM (3,328 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. liban100
    OP

Newcomer liban100 Advanced Member

United States
    Well my acekard 2i for my 3ds arrived yesterday and i got akaio and everything for it but when i try connect my wifi with one of the games it say my internet is not compatible with the nintendo ds even though its a 3ds anyway I was reading about the acekard 2i more and found out its not dsi mode anyway to fix without changing the encryption if there isn't what encryption do i have to change my internet to please reply!

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    please rewrite your run-on statement in the form of a question using proper punctuation.

i am finding it hard to follow what you are asking.

also, you mentioned that its not working with 1 game, so you can go on WFC with other games?

-another world

3. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    @Another World,
    I understand your a mod, but why did you delete my post(s)? [​IMG]
    They had helpful information in them...

4. Another World

Colombia
    i have no idea what you are talking about. i deleted nothing.

edit:: i just checked and 1 post was deleted for today and it was a topic minox started and deleted on his own.

i'm also not sure why you are hijacking this thread? if you have an issue please PM about it.

-another world

5. liban100
    OP

United States
    Ok.. Well got my acekard 2i wana play online on pokemon white but i can't use my wpa encryption is there a way i can play online without changing my encryption?

6. Another World

Colombia
    while dsi-mode supports WPA the ds-mode only supports no-encryption or WEP. the acekard is a ds-mode only flash kit and thus can not make use of WPA. in regards to dsi-mode, the iEVO's exploit can't use WIFI at all so really there is currently no way to use WPA with a flash kit.

what you will need to do is change your encryption. you could also research a wifi dongle that actually works (good luck with that one =/) or pick up a second cheap wifi router. set the second router to wep and then connect to that device when you want to game. in theory this will work but i will admit that i have never tried it.

-another world

7. liban100
    OP

United States
    Ok now im pissed off i changed my encryption to WEP-128bits works fine with my laptop but when i try it on my 3ds i get the 52000 error &*$($&()*£$* RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME !!!!!!!! IM GONA DIE!!!!!!!

8. Another World

Colombia
    did you remember to add the WEP key to your 3ds? my 3ds works on WEP just fine, so that is confirmation that its something on your end and not the 3ds iteself.

try removing your network from the 3ds, scan for networks again, pick your network and then set it up.

let us know if that works.

sorry about editing your post, i clicked edit by mistake. =/

-another world

9. liban100
    OP

United States
    The 3DS internet works fine but when i try the ds connections and check a 100 times that the key it right i test it and it doesn't even connect if i try it on the acekard it connects for a bit and stops working after I do not know what wrong!?

10. Another World

Colombia
    you made sure to use the DS WIFI settings in the 3DS, correct?

is your internet a DSL connection, possibly a 2wire modem?

-another world

11. liban100
    OP

United States
    Yes i am sure it works on the 3ds connections but not on ds and whats DSL ?

12. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In the 3DS there's multiple types of wireless connection settings, you need to set the older one (for DS/Lite games).

13. Another World

Colombia
    ask, google, or whatever, and find out if your internet connection is DSL. if it is DSL find out if you are using a 2wire modem. if you are using a 2wire modem then you need to set your wep setting to shared instead of open.

this is a well documented issue on the official nintendo forums.

-another world

14. liban100
    OP

United States
    I might return my 3ds and get my money back i've had enough of this bullshit and no its not dsl or a 2wire modem its a Echolife H20g

15. pspunabletohack

Member pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    [​IMG] why return the 3ds just change your encryption to WEP even a child that's 5 years can do that

16. liban100
    OP

United States

Are You BLIND DOUCHE BAG I have changed it but the 3DS browser works but when i go on ds connections and test my connection or try play a ds game it DOESNT work thats why i'm returning it to be honest ill just maybe (i said maybe!) get ps vita instead or if i get a good enough reason(s) to keep it i will im not saying i dont like the 3ds its just thats its pissing me off i tried to exchange it for another one but they just said theres nothin wrong with it after the guys from the shop try the 3ds on their internet and it worked on the 3ds browser not ds connections and they said its probably just their internet i got pissed of and said gimme a fuckin refund then im thinking of getting another one though

17. Another World

Colombia
    is your internet connection cable, DSL, dial-up, satellite, etc?

if its a phone based connection (DSL, etc) then set your WEP to shared instead of open. this is required by some DSL connections to get nintendo systems online. i'm having this very issue with my building's DSL and it pisses me off.

-another world

18. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    It could be some glitch in the internal 3DS's software. Check if you can update it if 3DS is lower than 2.1.0.4. If it's lower then update lo the latest. Check with original game, MK or whatever has WFC feature.
    If it still wont work just delete all wifi setups form 3DS's menu. Check in WFC settings if there is no setups. Check what is current security in WLAN and do similar setup in 3DS. Connect browser and if it works run WFC.

19. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    If this is the problem, go to your network settings on your PC and change your Wep authentication to shared.