Help with a save file.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Talfuchre, Jun 5, 2011.

Jun 5, 2011

Help with a save file. by Talfuchre at 8:36 PM (506 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Talfuchre
    OP

Newcomer Talfuchre Member

United States
    My son has been playing Pokemon Platinum for a while and he shut down his DSi XL and now the game does not find his .sav file.

It is not corrupt that I can see - it simply starts the game over.

I am not using an AceKard but a an R4ultra (I was duped into getting a clone) and am running AKAOI 1.8.6a

Any advise?

TF

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Check the save file name settings in AKAIO.

Your settings could be for *.sav files and your save game could be *.nds.sav

3. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i would take his sav file and copy it to desktop so you have backup....then check if it is making both .nds.sav and .sav, im not sure why but my lil bro had same thing happen , but he wears that he didnt change the setting in the menu but still ended up having both types of saves long after he first played it.

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    AKAIO has the option to save as either .sav or .nds.sav

1. Put your micro SD card onto the computer and check the save extension of Pokemon Platinum.
    2. Check your save extension settings by pressing start > System Options > File System Settings >Save Ext.
    3. make sure they match (if not change your Save Ext. setting to match the save extension of your Pokemon Platinum save)

5. Talfuchre
    OP

Newcomer Talfuchre Member

United States
    I had checked these settings before. They were set to .sav.

I found an older backup of his save file and replaced it. It worked. So I am guessing that the .sav file in question had become corrupt for some reason.

I have been having trouble with AKAOI becoming unusable every now and again with this cart. I reformat the card and reload AKAOI and it works fine again... for a while.

I am going to have to order a AceKard - as I think it is this knock off that is causing problems.

TF

6. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    AceKard All-In-One = AKAIO