help with a .sav file

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pablomentabo, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008

help with a .sav file by pablomentabo at 7:20 AM (1,098 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. pablomentabo
    OP

Newcomer pablomentabo Newbie

United States
    ok i didn't take very long looking for the answer to this (quick google search to find nothing at all) because i didn't think i would find much. basically i screwed up a game save and am pretty pissed that i did. i have jump ultimate stars (patched english version). i was testing out the latest no$gba 2.6 to see how well it played that game. that went along fine but i didn't want to keep playing on the pc since that game may need me to use the touchscreen a lot to call out characters and/or switch them. so when i was finished i was a little further than my save on my nds. since the battery folder had the same .sav file i didn't think anything of it and i transferred that .sav to my r4. once i tried to load it my r4 said that my save/bookmark was damaged and to re-create the archive. [​IMG] the save still works on my no$gba fine and yes i was too forgetful/dumb to make a backup of my .sav before i copied over it on my r4.

is there any way that i can fix this without loosing what i've earned on JUS? if not i guess i will have to start over cuzza my stupidity. sorry if this is in the wrong forum section also. hopefully someone can make me [​IMG] again

2. pablomentabo
    OP

Newcomer pablomentabo Newbie

United States
    [​IMG] i fixed it. so apparently i didn't understand how the no$gba saves games but after looking at the file for a little bit and looking up things online i finally made it where my r4 can play my save again and i didn't loose a thing. no$gba has it in the .sav format but the file size it much smaller. i found this website (Savegames Converter Website) and just inputted my .sav from the battery folder in no$gba and selected the souce and target format needed and downloaded my .sav from that site. i put that in my r4 and everything is ok. so if anyone screws up things like i did then here is the fix