mant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys.
I'm new in here and first of all I'd like to congrats you all for having this great community.
Let me see if someone here can clear my doubts.
I'm thinking on buying a psp. I'm considering the 3001 littlebigplanet bundle. My question is if there is a chance of this model to come with an unhackable firmware, like the 6.37. This bundle was release in the market for the black friday sales (november, in the US market). So does anyone can tell me what firmware does it come with?
Thanks a lot for any help!

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all PSP 3000s and PSPGos are non-hackable PSPs.
also, PSP 2000v3 is non hackable.

there is a LCFW for them, 6.35 PRO-B3, which is very stable. it supports plugins, homebrew, ISOs, etc, though less stable than fully hackable PSPs' 5.50 GEN with prometheus.

and since it's a LCFW you have to re-activate it each time you coldboot your PSP.
meaning, only when you completely turn it off, or if the battery dies. other than that, just use sleep mode and you'll hardly ever have to re-activate it.
activating it takes ~10 seconds.

mant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok thats right.
But what I'm afraid of is that this new psp comes with a new FW like the 6.37 that can't use even the LCFW 6.35 PRO. Because the psp must be on OFW 6.35 in orher to apply the 6.35 pro. So I'm afraid that this new one come with a newer fw like the 6.37. I dont belive there is already a downgrader for that..
Does anyone know if the new psps are coming with firmwares newer then 6.35?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
and since it's a LCFW you have to re-activate it each time you coldboot your PSP.
meaning, only when you completely turn it off, or if the battery dies. other than that, just use sleep mode and you'll hardly ever have to re-activate it.
That's partially true, but 6.20TN-D is also another LCFW and Virtuous Flame released a perma patch for it, so you don't have to reactivate every time you coldboot (which also means you will not be able to boot into OFW). And also, activation becomes much faster if you enable "Skip Sony Logo on Startup" on the VSH menu or Recovery Menu.
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure there's not much difference between 6.20TN and 6.35PRO.

The psp 3000 that I bought on the day of black friday was like 6.00... not sure about now though.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Shabutie78 said:
That's partially true, but 6.20TN-D is also another LCFW and Virtuous Flame released a perma patch for it, so you don't have to reactivate every time you coldboot. And also, activation becomes much faster if you enable "Skip Sony Logo on Startup" on the VSH menu or Recovery Menu.
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure there's not much difference between 6.20TN and 6.35PRO-B3.

The psp 3000 that I bought on the day of black friday was like 6.00... not sure about now though.

how is it partially true? i only mentioned 6.35 PRO because it's more popular than 6.20 TN
tongue.gif

and even if you disable the sony logo on startup, it still takes ~10 seconds to activate. i wasn't counting the time it takes for the boot logo to pass.
i was talking about the time it takes to run the fast recovery eboot and have it exit back to the XMB.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
how is it partially true? i only mentioned 6.35 PRO because it's more popular than 6.20 TN
tongue.gif

and even if you disable the sony logo on startup, it still takes ~10 seconds to activate. i wasn't counting the time it takes for the boot logo to pass.
i was talking about the time it takes to run the fast recovery eboot and have it exit back to the XMB.
Oh okay, I didn't get your point. Sorry. I thought you meant the time it takes for the fast recovery to boot, rather than the time it takes to boot the psp and activate the LCFW.
mellow.gif

And by "partially true" I meant that you don't have to reactivate the LCFW on each coldboot if you apply the perma patch on 6.20TN-D.

mant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your replies!!!
So its more likely that the psp in this bundle comes with an old firmware like the 6.00, right? In that case, I could choose between 6.20TN and 6.35 pro pro, is that right?
Witch one would you guys think is the best option? My focus will be psp isos and emulation...
Thanks again, and sorry for my poor english
yaypsp.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mant said:
So its more likely that the psp in this bundle comes with an old firmware like the 6.00, right? In that case, I could choose between 6.20TN and 6.35 pro pro, is that right?
Witch one would you guys think is the best option? My focus will be psp isos and emulation...
yaypsp.gif
Even if you get firmware 6.35 or 6.31, you will be able to downgrade to 6.20 by using Davee's downgrader. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

I'm not sure if it will absolutely be 6.00 since I bought mine on the day of Black Friday (november 25, iirc).
I did some google search and I found this, but I don't think they will update every single unit in the store.

Loading back-ups and emulating other systems isn't much of a difference. both 6.20TN-D and 6.35PRO-B3 supports POPs and the plugin, homebrew, and ISO compatibility is growing steadily.

mant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
s4mid4re said:
mant said:
yaypsp.gif
Even if you get firmware 6.35 or 6.31, you will be able to downgrade to 6.20 by using Davee's downgrader. But you don't have to if you don't want to.

I'm not sure if it will absolutely be 6.00 since I bought mine on the day of Black Friday (november 25, iirc).
I did some google search and I found this, but I don't think they will update every single unit in the store.

Loading back-ups and emulating other systems isn't much of a difference. both 6.20TN-D and 6.35PRO-B3 supports POPs and the plugin, homebrew, and ISO compatibility is growing steadily.
Thank you again!
One last question. Can I use this downgrader if the psp comes with a higher fw version than 6.35, like the 6.37?
Thanks!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You can't downgrade past what the PSP comes with.

EDIT: At least, this is what I've read, since the 3000's and Go's come with many more motherboard revisions than we've seen for the 2000, we've seen up to revision 9 on the 3000's.
Oh yeah totally forgot about motherboard modules. Thanks for reminding.
biggrin.gif

There are three motherboards for the psp 3000: 03G, 04G, and 09G (not sure about the numbers in between, except 05G which is the psp GO module). The newer the module, the higher the minimum firmware it can be downgraded to.

The 03G can be downgraded to a minimum of 5.00 or higher.
The 04G can be downgraded to a minimum of 6.00 or higher.
The 09G can be downgraded to a minimum of 6.30 or higher.

If you are unsure, just use 6.35PRO-B3 since most psp 3000 now are 04G or 09G

Jamio88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSP 3001 and PSP Go can both me fully hacked (So long as its not the 09g Mootherboard).

If you get the LBP LE you should be alright, I would just do a google search on what firmware & Motherboard they have.

I suggest you use CFW 6.20 Pro-B4 Perma. This is a permanant firmware not a LCFW, so you won't have to re-run it at all. It also comes with a built in unbricker, so really its an epic CFW.

I currenty am running 6.20 Pro-B4 PP on my PSP-3001 03g and it is working wonderfully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1