Homebrew Help with 5.5.2

zer01717

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I updated to 5.5.2 and was wondering how to go about setting up permanent CFW/haxchi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, Is it possible to copy save data and DLC to another Wii U? For example Smash 4 + DLC onto a second Wii U

Last edited by zer01717,

zer01717

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! Didn't realize there was a guide site like the 3DS for the Wii U.

Does anyone know if Is it possible to copy save data and DLC to another Wii U? For example Smash 4 + DLC onto a second Wii U?

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know if Is it possible to copy save data and DLC to another Wii U? For example Smash 4 + DLC onto a second Wii U?
Save data can be transferred easily using Saviine. Just note that you will need the game to be installed on both consoles (or have the disc) in order to be able to use Saviine. There's also a program called SaveMii, though I'm not exactly sure how it works.

DLC is a little harder. The problem is that DLC is tied to your NNID when you purchase it, so you'd probably have to do a System Transfer to copy your DLC (and everything else, unfortunately) to another console. If you're not willing to do that, you'll likely have to find a version of your DLC package that has been fake-signed, and you'll need to use a signature-patching CFW both when installing and using your DLC. I've never done this, and so I can't really give you any advice on this course of action.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country

Worst advice ever!!!! This guide is shockingly sh*t. I hope to god you didn't follow this guide. Don't be recommending this sh*t guide to anyone. Ever. Period.

Use Kafluke's guide which is a real Wii U guide and not just some lame bullsh*t which tells you to install loads of crap you don't need.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Worst advice ever!!!! This guide is shockingly sh*t. I hope to god you didn't follow this guide. Don't be recommending this sh*t guide to anyone. Ever. Period.

Use Kafluke's guide which is a real Wii U guide and not just some lame bullsh*t which tells you to install loads of crap you don't need.
When you need to save like 2 MB of NAND / SD storage and you're really pissed about having a great homebrew setup.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
When you need to save like 2 MB of NAND / SD storage and you're really pissed about having a great homebrew setup.

That pretty much shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It's not about saving space you div. You want a brilliant homebrew setup? Use haxchi. You want a load of shit you don't need? Follow the guide to booot haxchi to boot mocha to boot rednand. What a load of b*llocks.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Didn't realize there was a guide site like the 3DS for the Wii U.

only way to transfer is either using wii u system transfer in settings or have a linked nnid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse