Hacking HELP! Wii Blocks '' 0 '' .. Can't do anything

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,147
Trophies
0
XP
762
Country
Finland
Well ... I installed some WAD's through the WAD Manager on MMM, and it didn't give me error on any of them. However, when I went back to the Wii menu, it said I have 0 blocks and I need to free up some space. So I tried deleting couple channels from the Channel Menu but I STILL have 0 blocks and I can't do anything because it forces me to go to the Data Management !

I can't access HBC as it forces me to go to the data management, and if I click Channels on the SD Management my Wii freezes because of the Bannerbomb as it only works through the Main Menu.. which I can't now access

What do I do ? I've installed Bootmii if that makes any difference.
 

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2010
Messages
1,399
Trophies
0
Location
Vancouver, B.C.
Website
Visit site
XP
127
Country
Taiwan
Well, first delete Bannerbomb so you can access the SD card menu (you can re-download it later if you ever need it again). BootMii shouldn't take any that much effect on your Wii's memory, if any at all. Depending on what kind of WAD files you installed, some will take up more than others. WiiWare and Virtual Console WAD files tend to take up more space, so you're going to have to delete a few if you have a whole bunch, or simply move them to your SD card.
 

giantpune

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
2,860
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
United States
delete more than just a couple channels. it is possible to cross the limit of 0 free blocks and then to keep installing channels in wad manager without even knowing that youve passed the limit.
 

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,147
Trophies
0
XP
762
Country
Finland
Well.. I read some other thread which then said that if you delete channels on the Wii Data Management, it frees up 0 blocks because they were installed with WAD Manager, so you need to uninstall them with this one as well. Is this true ?

I got it working now though, after deleting couple channels ( And now im worried if they're still taking up space ; See what I wrote above ) and getting rid of my SSBB save file .. For some reason I couldn't copy it to my SD card
frown.gif


If what I wrote in the first paragraph is not true, then would the best choice to do is : Install few channels at time, then move them to my SD card and repeat until I got all installed. Then just move them around Wii/SD card when I want to play different channel ?

Also .. Where do I find the Bannerbomb on my SD card ? It's been over half an year since I modded my Wii so I don't remember much about it ..
 

darkreaperofdrea

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2010
Messages
601
Trophies
0
Location
Batcave pl0x
XP
41
Country
Mexico
ok...they don't take more space,the only thing that happens is the tickets stay there and you can't install them again
but if you use ANY TITLE DELETER and erase the ticket,you will be able
 

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2010
Messages
1,399
Trophies
0
Location
Vancouver, B.C.
Website
Visit site
XP
127
Country
Taiwan
Distrance said:
Well.. I read some other thread which then said that if you delete channels on the Wii Data Management, it frees up 0 blocks because they were installed with WAD Manager, so you need to uninstall them with this one as well. Is this true ?

I got it working now though, after deleting couple channels ( And now im worried if they're still taking up space ; See what I wrote above ) and getting rid of my SSBB save file .. For some reason I couldn't copy it to my SD card
frown.gif


If what I wrote in the first paragraph is not true, then would the best choice to do is : Install few channels at time, then move them to my SD card and repeat until I got all installed. Then just move them around Wii/SD card when I want to play different channel ?

Also .. Where do I find the Bannerbomb on my SD card ? It's been over half an year since I modded my Wii so I don't remember much about it ..
It's best to uninstall WAD files via a WAD Manager, it ensures that you get everything removed.

Bannerbomb is the folder titled 'private' on your SD card. When you hacked your Wii, you likely renamed your old private folder to something else like 'private_old' or something. Delete the current 'private' folder (the one with Bannerbomb, just check for a boot.elf file inside to confirm), and restore your old 'private' folder by renaming it back to 'private'.
 

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
1,108
Trophies
0
Location
Canada
XP
414
Country
Canada
Distrance said:
If what I wrote in the first paragraph is not true, then would the best choice to do is : Install few channels at time, then move them to my SD card and repeat until I got all installed. Then just move them around Wii/SD card when I want to play different channel ?
Well if you have 4.0 or above, you can copy all the channels to your sd card and just play them from the sd card menu (on the wii menu, bottom, little sd card icon), but you will need to remove bannerbomb (just delete the "aktn" folder inside the "wii" folder, which is inside the "private" folder on the root of your sd card).
You will also need a patched system menu ios if you want to load anything that wasn't installed using the shop channel.
 

brausm08

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
721
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
USA - Midwest
XP
233
Country
United States
person66 said:
Well if you have 4.0 or above, you can copy all the channels to your sd card and just play them from the sd card menu

technically, you can't play them from the sd card menu....the sd card memory is ninty's very poor solution to the short supply of system memory...it's only storage. when you actually chose to play a title in the SD card menu, it moves it back to the wii system memory before launching...if you don't have the space on the real nand, it'll give you the same "free up some memory" message. all that writing and deleting from the NAND...it's almost no different that just using wad manager to install titles when you want to play them...then deleting afterwords.

there are better options available though....look into Triiforce...or better yet, SNEEK/UNEEK.

Triiforce may or may not be 100% compatible with the new cIOS249 v21 coming soon....SNEEK/UNEEK is 100% compatible, but is a little more painful to setup....
 

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
1,108
Trophies
0
Location
Canada
XP
414
Country
Canada
brausm08 said:
person66 said:
Well if you have 4.0 or above, you can copy all the channels to your sd card and just play them from the sd card menu

technically, you can't play them from the sd card menu....the sd card memory is ninty's very poor solution to the short supply of system memory...it's only storage. when you actually chose to play a title in the SD card menu, it moves it back to the wii system memory before launching...if you don't have the space on the real nand, it'll give you the same "free up some memory" message. all that writing and deleting from the NAND...it's almost no different that just using wad manager to install titles when you want to play them...then deleting afterwords.
yes, but if most, or all of you channels are on your sd card there will be plenty of space on your nand, and the sd card menu is much easier and faster than installing, playing/running, then uninstalling the wad using a wad manager

I agree with you though, that, if you can get them working, triiforce or SNEEK would be a better option
 

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,147
Trophies
0
XP
762
Country
Finland
Meh. Adding additional modifications to the Wii just makes me even more worried if i manage to brick it, and okay honestly.. I'm really lost when you guys talk about different IOS/cIOSes and programs .. I hacked my Wii following a guide and I had no idea what I was doing, I just did as the guide told me .. lol.

It doesn't matter really, there aren't many good WiiWare games to begin with ..

Carbon : I know it's better to remove them with WAD Manager but as I said.. I couldn't. When I went to Wii Menu, it would force me to go to Data Management and there is no way you can access HBC and Wad Manager from the Data Management menu, so I HAD TO remove channels through the Wii's Data Management.

I guess I'll use the AnyTitle Deleter to get rid of the tickets.. assuming it's easy to do so..

What I would be more interested in doing is installing a separate channel for each game I have on my external harddrive which I launch through the USB Loader .. Is this possible ? I read somewhere it is but it's risky .. how so ?
 

giantpune

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
2,860
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
United States
sneek/uneek = LESS modifications to the wii.
it only requires installing bootmii to the wii. no cios or channel or anything else is written to the wii nand.
 

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,147
Trophies
0
XP
762
Country
Finland
Yeah right ... You don't seem to understand that my knowledge of modding the Wii is zero and I only followed a VERY simple step by step guide without any requirements of previous knowledge of anything.

I read '' Sneek v2 '' official thread '' '' thread and guess what, I still have no fucking idea what Sneek is or how to install it. I read the '' Guide '' that the thread linked to, and I still have no idea what it is, how to set it up and how to run stuff off my SD card.

Is it too much to ask for people to make guides that even simple people understand =_=
 

redkevin25

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
38
Trophies
0
XP
37
Country
United States
hi euhm did you try to replace you channels to sd

Wii menu; System memory; Channels; and then pick the channels and Replace them
 

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,147
Trophies
0
XP
762
Country
Finland
Replace ? You must mean Move.

Maybe next time read the thread as a whole and don't reply to the thread title/first post. The issue has been already solved regarding that.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Video unavailable