Help, what version am i running

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by kevin007, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008
  1. kevin007
    OP

Newcomer kevin007 Advanced Member

Canada
    I am using a Wii Key and the latest games I've played is the Warioland one, super smash bros and mario kart pal version

What version do you think I am at? I am downloading the new capcom fighter so I want to know if i will be able to play that one. Any updates I should be aware of? What is GeckoOS?

2. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    GeckoOS is an application you run from the Hombrew Channel (which you can install in your channel menu) that let's you run many many games region free. I have a bunch of US games that won't run without the Gecko thing.

Also, if you haven't done so yet please install the Hombrew Channel. It's a wonderful piece of software and there are some nice emulators (snes, nes, genesis) which run excellent.
    Plus, in the Homebrew Channel you can also see what version you're running (push start)

Good luck

3. kevin007
    OP

Newcomer kevin007 Advanced Member

Canada
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, I've been out of the Wii scene for a while and got into the PSP and iPod Touch scene but , how do you install the homebrew channel?

thanks for the help!

4. geedub

Member geedub GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    wii settings top right