Hacking Help using WiiGator's MIOS Patcher

Levus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Wii hacking. So here's what I'm trying to do:

I've got a backup copy of Pokemon XD on a DVD-R disk and I would like to try it out on WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher.

I looked up a tutorial on what I have to do, it says that I have to use the MIOS patcher. I'm using firmware 4.0E. I've tried using the patcher in just about every way and it won't work. I keep getting this error:

2ch4cap.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2ch4cap.jpg (screenshot I took with a capture card)

So I looked up solutions. Nothing. Nothing worked. So now, I resort to posting here to ask:

How do I run GameCube backups? Are there any alternatives to this method? Thanks in advance.

Levus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
Error 1017 means that a newer version exists. Since you are on 4.0E, I would assume you have MIOS v9. The MIOS patcher will only install a patched MIOS v4, v5, or v8.

If I'm not mistaken, a cIOS is still necessary for GC backups to work. Having a cIOS will remedy the problem you're having, too.
Okay, I think I get it. Now I just need to figure out what cIOS is and how I would install it.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Use Waninkoko's CIOS Rev 10, and Rev 13B! It's easy to install you can install it using an internet connection, or have the needed IOS wad in the root of your SD card.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
cIOS38 rev13b link

A cIOS allows you to play backups, and helps maintain resistance against Nintendo updates. It requires a the Trucha (fakesigning) bug, which basically allows anything to run with a faulty signature.

If you have never touched an IOS, you probably do not have the necessary bug. Not to worry, just use Trucha Bug Restorer (another HBC app) to downgrade IOS15.

At this point, you need the appropriate IOS WAD on your SD card's root, or a Wi-Fi connection on your Wii. (Wi-Fi is simpler... no need to create/Google any WADs. ;P) Run the cIOS installer using IOS15, and it will install.

Levus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I installed CIOS. Now I can't figure out how to get Pokemon XD to work. It's a pal copy and I checked here to see if it works: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gam...tibility_List#P

It says it works fine on 0.2. What does it mean by this?

EDIT: I think I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do from here. I'm using GC Backup Loader 0.1 xi. This has a bug where it won't run XD I'm guessing. So I've got to install 0.2, right?

EDIT EDIT: Okey dokey! Thanks for your help, Dialexio. I installed cIOS. Then ran the MIOS patcher. It worked. And now, with GC backup launcher 0.2, I can play Pokemon XD
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...